Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2015 7:46:50 PM EDT
The brick, 4 story parking garage for the train station. The lowest level has iron bars over all entrances. It has a 5 story clock tower. Pretty open fields of fire. A half mile from a walmart, home depot, supermarket and a couple miles from my house going the other way.

The biggest challenge would be keeping warm but I have a couple sub 0 sleeping bag. The clock tower is enclosed so that would help conserve heat and keep out the weather.

Would be pretty easy to defend with 10-15 people. It has jersey barriers and concrete posts to keep vehicles slow all around it.

There is also a fenced in wetland area that goes all the way around the wall mart. Its a 10 foot chain link fence thats new and in good repair. Rhode Island goes fool retard when it comes to wetlands.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I am of the opinion, that once the temperature consistently drops below freezing, Z movement will drop to 0.  Then you can take over any available house, preferably one that has/is capable of a direct wood heat system.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You could always have a portable wood burner or a combo wood/gas burner like teh military used to use and bring it with you. Wouldnt be a problem at all if you had that many people to man it. I think feeding that many people in an urban enviroment could get hard. And would be the biggest challenge. Maybe have a small fish tank of fish you could dump into the wetland once the even happens, if its spring fed at all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
i burn wood,,,,,you better have a lot of it or you will still freeze
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i burn wood,,,,,you better have a lot of it or you will still freeze
View Quote

I averaged 5 cords when i burned

A propane heater would be easy to scaveng for around here
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could always have a portable wood burner or a combo wood/gas burner like teh military used to use and bring it with you. Wouldnt be a problem at all if you had that many people to man it. I think feeding that many people in an urban enviroment could get hard. And would be the biggest challenge. Maybe have a small fish tank of fish you could dump into the wetland once the even happens, if its spring fed at all.
View Quote

This is a rural enough area that depending in how fast the virus spread hunting is very viable. Southern RI is a very easy area to stay fed. Very dense deer population and good hunting/gathering all the way down to clams. I can dig 2 5 gallon buckets of clams in one low tide.

Of course if its a slow burn than im sure the animals will be hunted scarce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top