Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2015 7:37:13 PM EDT

Nice heavy blade.  About 30" overall.  Super sharp.  $40 at Bass Pro Shop.  I got a $25 gift card for fathers day so 15 bucks for me.  So far I've used it to clear brush and heavy vegetation with no problems.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a CRKT HALFACHANCE Parang for clearing the ivy off the fence prior to replacing said fence but I think after using it
for 5 hs. straight that it would be fine for cleaving Zed skulls
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/rcd567/media/carnivore_zpshja65hi3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/rcd567/carnivore_zpshja65hi3.jpg</a>

Nice heavy blade.  About 30" overall.  Super sharp.  $40 at Bass Pro Shop.  I got a $25 gift card for fathers day so 15 bucks for me.  So far I've used it to clear brush and heavy vegetation with no problems.
View Quote

Its ok for a cheaper blade.  Camillus makes another version that has the serrated part running the full length of the backside of the blade.  Its a bit better because its full tang.  If I have a fixed blade, I would always want a full tang.

Again, it is a Camillus so don't expect too much from it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Been looking for something like this that is hefty enough to use as a pry bar. I checked one of these out @ Wally World and decided it's more flexible than I want. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a Gerber Bear Grylls Carbon Steel Angled Blade Parang , new in the box from some kid selling it for $20.
I hate the Bear Grylls association but the bade is great. great ergonomics, holds a edge and has held up very well.
In fact I was so impressed I picked up another  Gerber/Gryllls knife. Great scabbard and it also holds an edge.
I can't stand celebrity endorsed products usually but these seem to be good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Been looking for something like this that is hefty enough to use as a pry bar. I checked one of these out @ Wally World and decided it's more flexible than I want. Any ideas?
View Quote
Kabar Becker bk3

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top