Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 1:42:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. Hope they dont slack off with this one.
And some weapons training would be nice to see for once.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Too much.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
i hope at least one character is smart enough to have a .22lr rifle and 1,000+ rounds on his person. im tired of rick's group crying "IM OUTTA AMMO!". but having a .22lr rifle makes too much sense. too easy. one guy on top of rv with a .22 could clean the area fairly quiet. he could even take out an incoming herd before they heard him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be interested if it was markedly different from the first series.  The same old shit with just a change of scenery and some new characters won't cut it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
no matter what im watching it. i read the comics and play the telltale walking dead game. but i do wish this new show follows a different group each season. i wouldn't mind one season to be about the folks at the cdc from right before the shtf.

really looking forward to "the last of us" movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto...

Glad to see this is being made into a movie.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i hope at least one character is smart enough to have a .22lr rifle and 1,000+ rounds on his person. im tired of rick's group crying "IM OUTTA AMMO!". but having a .22lr rifle makes too much sense. too easy. one guy on top of rv with a .22 could clean the area fairly quiet. he could even take out an incoming herd before they heard him.
View Quote

This and they don't insert a character called the Mayor,  and then the dumbest slut in the show starts sleeping with him! Or God forbid they feel compelled to dedicate several episodes to just him!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

we want this new show be realistic.  In the real world, there IS no .22 LR ammo for sale, and certainly not 1000 rounds    
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like they have Rick and Carl Part Deux squared away for this spin off series

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Read more at http://nerdbastards.com/2014/09/29/the-rundown-of-characters-for-the-walking-dead-spinoff-seem-very-familiar/#BG8hdomMIM5jVKa6.99

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looks like they have Rick and Carl Part Deux squared away for this spin off series

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Read more at http://nerdbastards.com/2014/09/29/the-rundown-of-characters-for-the-walking-dead-spinoff-seem-very-familiar/#BG8hdomMIM5jVKa6.99

View Quote

I already don't like it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#11]
with that sort of line up, it's going to be a clusterfuck.  No way will the spin off be worth watching.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#12]
If they wanted to do a spin off series, they really should have tied in the Telltale games Seasons 1 and 2 storylines. That would be an amazing watch.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I already don't like it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already don't like it.

I agree.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll give it a shot. It's gotta be better then Z-Nation.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll give it a shot. It's gotta be better then Z-Nation.
View Quote

Same here.  Z-nation has been pretty lackluster.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Ill watch the first episode and see how it is.

Does it say where its going to be based out of?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ditto...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto...

THIS!   This will be so awesome, can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#18]
H
Quoted:

I already don't like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already don't like it.

I agree.  They need a few retired EOD guys.  Those folks are never boring.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Too much.
View Quote

I tend to agree.

So, we're going to see another group of people, in the same zombie universe, doing the same sorts of things, but!..... set in another geographical location?

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like to see it start from the first days of the outbreak.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I would like to see it start from the first days of the outbreak.
View Quote

Well, that would at least be something new.  But how long could they drag that out?  Even if they took it all the way back to patient zero,, a half a season...maybe?  Then we're back to Walking Dead, in another geographic region, with different characters.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
with that sort of line up, it's going to be a clusterfuck.  No way will the spin off be worth watching.
View Quote

B-list soap opera casting, drama straight out of a "teen drama" show, and "lord of the flies" power struggles...

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:22:35 AM EDT
[#23]
This may be AMC's first mistake.

They've done well creating popular programing. If they wanted to make a movie, or even a mini-series showing the outbreak evolve that might be kinda cool.  But using the same formula and universe as Walking Dead just with different characters in a different location is a mistake.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:40:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This may be AMC's first mistake.

They've done well creating popular programing. If they wanted to make a movie, or even a mini-series showing the outbreak evolve that might be kinda cool.  But using the same formula and universe as Walking Dead just with different characters in a different location is a mistake.  
View Quote

I don't have any gripes with it being different characters in the same universe. My main gripe is with the formulaic drama and "filler" material.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I would like to see them follow like a group of cops or some Mil guys that lived on base, not some modern family drama with zombies thrown in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I would like to see them follow like a group of cops or some Mil guys that lived on base, not some modern family drama with zombies thrown in.
View Quote

Maybe something like Mitch and his brother all the way to the Governor.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Some cast members of the pilot episode of "Cobalt" announced.  Looks like the director has done a few Hell on Wheels episodes, so that's encouraging.
I hope this one starts at the beginning of the zompocalypse, and follows it pretty much day-by-day for the first several months; The Walking Dead's story starting well into it with Rick waking from his coma always seemed a bit weak.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^ This... Tired of it always being middle America.  I'd love to see the prison idea done by the CO's and Inmates. Imagine if a place like Pelican Bay, which is fairly isolated to begin with compared to major cities, organized.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Would be interesting to see a plot where a group tries to escape to a secluded spot like Alaska.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top