Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 2:44:56 PM EDT
I just bought our first video console and the wife and I both like Zombie stuff... what is the best Xbox 360 Zombie game?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
First person shooters:
Left4Dead (fast paced, not really any story, just run & gun, fun if playing with someone)
Dead Island (intriguing storyline, lots of exploration and missions, ability to build/craft weapons)

3rd Person:
Dead Rising (great story, tons of exploration and missions, lots of crafting of random/silly weapons, literally just rolling around a huge mall hacking/shooting zombies and bad humans)

All of the above have sequels and/or expansion packs ( downloadable add-ons to the game) but obviously its best to start with the originals. Also, checkout gameplay/footage on youtube to get a feel for whats out there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First person shooters:
Left4Dead (fast paced, not really any story, just run & gun, fun if playing with someone)
Dead Island (intriguing storyline, lots of exploration and missions, ability to build/craft weapons)

3rd Person:
Dead Rising (great story, tons of exploration and missions, lots of crafting of random/silly weapons, literally just rolling around a huge mall hacking/shooting zombies and bad humans)

All of the above have sequels and/or expansion packs ( downloadable add-ons to the game) but obviously its best to start with the originals. Also, checkout gameplay/footage on youtube to get a feel for whats out there.
View Quote

I finally get to say it:

FPNI.

I think it might be a PS3 exclusive, but Dead Nation is a fun isometric twin-stick zombie shooter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked State of Decay as well.

You can download off the Live Marketplace for $19.99 & you can download the trial game for free.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Awsome thank everyone
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Seriously it's the call of duty extras. Also walking dead is simple but good. Dead rising was awesome right up until the shooting mechanics and stupid so followers crushed it for me. Never tried left4 dead but I'll get them some day
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked The Walking Dead Telltale Games.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Walking Dead games and State of Decay were well worth a download.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
L4D/L4D2 FTW.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Definitely need to make the distinction that it's the Walking Dead game from TellTale, not the pile of garbage that is a first person shooter. That one sucked.

The Walking Dead TellTale game is sort of a choose your own adventure game where you make decisions along the way that impact the outcome of the story. Very good game and was given quite a few accolades for how well the story was written. Gary Whitta, the guy who wrote the screenplay Book of Eli, was even brought in to write one of the "Episodes".
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Definitely need to make the distinction that it's the Walking Dead game from TellTale, not the pile of garbage that is a first person shooter. That one sucked.

The Walking Dead TellTale game is sort of a choose your own adventure game where you make decisions along the way that impact the outcome of the story. Very good game and was given quite a few accolades for how well the story was written. Gary Whitta, the guy who wrote the screenplay Book of Eli, was even brought in to write one of the "Episodes".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Should have been more specific.  Talking about the TellTale games here.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]
State of Decay is pretty much Day Z for the 360
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

And with the newest update that let's you load rucks (full of food/ammo/etc) into your car, it's f'n awesome.

Although the lifeline mode is hard as balls, with moments of jumping for joy and then moments of hair pulling
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And with the newest update that let's you load rucks (full of food/ammo/etc) into your car, it's f'n awesome.

Although the lifeline mode is hard as balls, with moments of jumping for joy and then moments of hair pulling
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't played it since I got out of the valley, but this update means I may have to fire her back up. Crap, there goes another 80 hours of my life!
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Call of Duty zombies are honestly it. If you want to experience L4D fully, get it for a gaming PC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top