Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 12:57:23 AM EDT
Okay so I had leftover stuff that didn't make it right through heat treat. I was told I needed to make a zombie knife but what really IS that?  I fixed it by reheating and hammering it and then nitro quenched. 1/4" thick 1095 with R60 at the edge, spring steel body with green powdercoat, red stingray with GITD stripes and green/black dot epoxied cord. "Graveyard" kydex finishes its' pants. 12" long and 6 1/6" blade.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The green kills it, sorry
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You sir, have made my point. But....I got to do something in colors...and a customer loves it
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
nice blade(just not a fan of the color).
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Stick to goat herding, brah.

JK, that takes skill that I don't have.  Have you read the $50 Knife Shop book?  Curious what you think of it if you have.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry just cant stand the glow in dark green that now represents anything zombie related.

Looking at it again I like the craftsmenship & would like to see more of your work.

Do you have a website or any vendor fronts like on ebay or etsy?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stick to goat herding, brah.

JK, that takes skill that I don't have.  Have you read the $50 Knife Shop book?  Curious what you think of it if you have.
View Quote

Read it long time ago...found it in a yard sale. While I wholeheartedly advocate recycling as steel just needs heat and a hammer and it is new again...I also believe in using something like that as only a beginning. Jury rigged stuff will start to piss you off after a while and productivity and quality will suffer.

Doug,  I have many posts on here and some very recent. I know the rules of the site so nothing more than that. I also have posts on Bladeforums under "broe"

I agree with the color problem. However, I do far far too many 'tactical' types of work and get tired of it. There is something to be said about being able to find your machete in the woods when you are tired from clearing brush. Bright color helps. It also camouflages it from those that would be "all leary eyed" about a short sword on your pack, etc. I carry a bright colored (orange) kukri I made from stainless and then powdercoated it in safety orange and added an orange rubber handle and orange kydex. It doesn't even show up on my SAR pack and no one has ever commented on it being there in public.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top