Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 4:59:33 PM EDT
I have been hearing rumors about a series "Spinoff" no details, just whispers.....

Any intel?

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
They should just keep the original.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Needed right now! I dont care for "Turn"
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
There was talk about this end of last year. The story line will not be following any of the comics. Which gives the writers tons of room and freedom. The idea is different set of people, during the same epidemic. I don't think it's planned to hit until 2015.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#4]
They need to run it between TWD seasons so we don't have a 6-7 month wait....
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Joanie Loves Dead Chachi?!?!  Or Laverne and Zombie?  

Awesome.. Just awesome......
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I heard the same, one of the producers/directors sounded very excited that he wouldn't have to try and follow the comic, made it sound like it would be no holds barred
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was talk about this end of last year. The story line will not be following any of the comics. Which gives the writers tons of room and freedom. The idea is different set of people, during the same epidemic. I don't think it's planned to hit until 2015.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, something alon the lines of the webisodes would be cool
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:26:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

So far Turn is working for me.  Too early to pass final judgement, but so far I like it.  Certainly no worse than many episodes of TWD (especially season 2).

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I am really hoping for something awesome...and yes it should run opposite of the current Walking Dead in play schedule.  

Lets face it the current  program was only going to run 5 thru 8 seasons max anyway.  

I wonder if the new show will begin during the breakdown of society or pick up a couple of years after the down fall of humanity.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if the new show will begin during the breakdown of society or pick up a couple of years after the down fall of humanity.
View Quote

Personally, I hope it will cover it from the start.  TWD is lacking in that it didn't show more than a few minutes of the time everything was falling apart.  

And having it follow several very different characters/groups in a variety of locations would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So far Turn is working for me.  Too early to pass final judgement, but so far I like it.  Certainly no worse than many episodes of TWD (especially season 2).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding what the actors are saying in Turn, but I'm into it for now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding what the actors are saying in Turn, but I'm into it for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watch it with closed captioning on for that very reason.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
this

starting from the beginning of the zedpocalypse

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Where is this "Turn" everyone's talking about? Zombie series or something else?  I can't even find a hint of it online except a AMC series about "Follows New York farmer, Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America's fight for independence." Is that what it is?

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Where is this "Turn" everyone's talking about? Zombie series or something else?  I can't even find a hint of it online except a AMC series about "Follows New York farmer, Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America's fight for independence." Is that what it is?

View Quote

Yup, that's it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Great!  So there will be two incredibly boring shows on TV about zombies.

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:32:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Joanie Loves Dead Chachi?!?!  Or Laverne and Zombie?  

Awesome.. Just awesome......
View Quote

Revolving zombie celebrity cast of Jan Michael Vincent, Melanie Griffith, Nancy Pelosi, etc. Kind of like the "Love Boat" of zombie shows.
Guest appearance this week by Governor Andy Cuomo, who was bitten when he ran out of ammo when facing a hoard of  8 turned  NYC Walker politicians
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have been hearing rumors about a series "Spinoff" no details, just whispers.....
Any intel?
View Quote

Let's hope they follow a group with some skills around.  Anybody but the last bunch.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Let's hope they follow a group with some skills around.  Anybody but the last bunch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any intel?

Cops (SWAT?) or a Military group would probably be most realistic in terms of skill. It would be sweat to see a mobile team that survives on the move. Kinda like the group on resident evil apocalypse.

I find a group sitting in one spot (Campground, Farm, Prison anyone?) gets boring fairly fast. I think they could do a whole series on a mobile group that scavenges/raids to survive.  Battle with other groups of survivors, etc.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Cops (SWAT?) or a Military group would probably be most realistic in terms of skill. It would be sweat to see a mobile team that survives on the move. Kinda like the group on resident evil apocalypse.

I find a group sitting in one spot (Campground, Farm, Prison anyone?) gets boring fairly fast. I think they could do a whole series on a mobile group that scavenges/raids to survive.  Battle with other groups of survivors, etc.
View Quote

Women make up a huge percentage of the WD viewers, and they're watching in large part for the back stories and character development that so many here make fun of.
I don't think they'll tune in for constant gun battles.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Women make up a huge percentage of the WD viewers, and they're watching in large part for the back stories and character development that so many here make fun of.

I don't think they'll tune in for constant gun battles.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I believe this to be true as well.  They'll go after the ratings, not the whims of Arfcommers...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top