Link Posted: 11/7/2013 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Reload everything I have.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Who has an extra tank full of gasoline in gas cans ready? Would anyone add any?
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What the others said about overdrawing and maxing out the cards to buy supplies. I'd buy all the supplies I could. Water, water treatment, fruit and vegetable seeds, guns, ammo, canned goods, TP, military surplus clothing and gear, fuel stabilizers and octane boosters, and then I'd probably head out to a truck stop in the boonies that could be fairly well secured. I'd stay there and take it over when the SHTF.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Two chicks at the same time.

Zombies are the only way this is gonna happen for me.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The last stop on my supply run would involve a large stolen vehicle. It involves plowing through the entrance of the largest gun store in town.

I may have to let the feeding frenzy start before my final supply pick up.

Hopefully The Man will already be to busy to worry about little ole me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd get several backhoes and front loaders from the local rental place. I'd use them post shtf to help make choke points and natural defenses.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Procure myself a large 18 wheeler with a cargo box on it, find my way to the local gun store after hours and let myself in for less than 5 mins. Then swing by a Wally World and stop and shop, have my crew (family and z-team) max out cards and spend all cash to fill as much of the truck as possible. Head to Bol and use the large steel box off of the back of the truck as part of my fortifications, with the remaining 8 hours head to Home Depot and get tools and lumber/metal to build an elevated and reinforced add on to the concrete tower that my Bol consists of. Cut holes in the top of the metal truck box and attach a ladder. Set up post at top of the tower with my SAPR and pick off Zeds with my attached can making it quiet enough to keep me safe. Make the tower live able.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't really understand the "rob a gun shop or walmart" plan.

If the world is about to turn to shit but nobody knows yet the last thing I would do is risk my life before it even starts.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of zombies?  Romero slow walkers, or 28 days later/Dawn of the Dead '04 fast runners?

Get all family to my house.

Secure my location.

Load truck, parked inside garage - food, water, gas, weapons & ammo.

Prepare fall back locations. in the house.

Trip wires/ropes strung around home to tangle zombies.

Knock out stair case to second floor.  Knock hole from master down into garage from final retreat to wheeled vehicle, if needed...

EDIT - Max out CCs on food, water, med supplies and ammo is a great idea I didn't immediately think of....
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Badass thread.

Call all immediate family and tell them each to rent U-hauls - send most to supermarket to max out credit cards on food. Send one to gun store for guns and camping supplies, another to home depot for a shit ton of plywood and screws.

Use remaining time to reinforce house and gather and arm family members.

12 hours is PLENTY of time to get shit done.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't need camping supplies.  Rent a bunch/caravan of  u-hauls.  Go to Home Depot for building supplies. Stop by the grocery store/costco.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#12]
You have some faster type zombies who can go at a jogging speed

The rest are walkers in groups of all sizes
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh I might buy Leather Clothes, Jacket, boots, pants, gloves, etc.  Something thick and hopefully bite resistance
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#14]
What is the best melee weapon in your preference
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What is the best melee weapon in your preference
View Quote

A classic English boar spear with nice big lugs and a war hammer would be my choices for a zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 2:12:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Curl up in my claw foot tub with my dag & hope they don't get in-
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#17]
TIL that I should figure out a way to monitor national credit card usage and have alerts set to a sudden spike in accounts.... That should give me also inside knowledge.

I would make plans to secure a jet (put charter on credit so you can have it ready) and head to a small island with all my supplies... No point in dealing with the cold winters and populations.... Plus islands tends to be less armed
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Obtain the largest sailboat I could find.  Stock up on food, gas, & water quickly, and head out to sea.

Set a course for the Hawaiian Islands.  Plenty of rain for water supply, weather is good for year-round gardening, plenty of fish to catch, isolated enough so that it would probably be a while before the zombie virus got there, remote/secluded sections of islands where you could come ashore safely.

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Lets say 1 year has passed. Should arf make a meet up place?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

What we don't have one already?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please share them with me if we do
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Get as much food and water as possible. Fortify house, and load mags.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think everyone left would be too busy surviving to socialize
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Buy the biggest SUV I could find, several chainsaws and a welder.
Put them on the front bumper with remote throttle linkage (string) and be ready to drive through the hordes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hiliarious part of king of the cul de sac zompoc fanasties is that your survival chances increase in groups.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Hours 1 and 2:

Head out, stock up on as much food, water, dog food, and toilet paper other essentials I can get.  While I am at it Id rob a pharmacy or two and maybe an emergency room (nicely so I don't hurt anyone) and stock up on meds and first aid supplies.

Head to local home depot and buy as much plywood as I can get as well as bricks and mortar.  I'd than hire the illegals that hang out front looking for work to go over to my house and board/brick up all the ground floor doors/windows.

Hour 3:

Go to LGS that carries a good selection of tactical weaponry and ammo, walk in and shout "THE STORE ACROSS THE STREET IS HAVING A BUY 1 GET ONE FREE SALE ON 22 RF AMMO"..after the customers and employees fall for this diversionary tactic, I clean them out of ammo and weaponary.

Hour 4:

Call 911 and report a  "Donut Truck overturned", wait for the local po-po to go pay the respects, and than steal their MRAP or APC.

5, 6 and 7:

Steal a tanker truck of each unleaded fuel , diesel and propane and stash them on my property.

Hours 8-12:

Stay home and load mags and organize my newly acquired supplies and wait for all hell to break loose.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The hiliarious part of king of the cul de sac zompoc fanasties is that your survival chances increase in groups.
View Quote

Or it goes down, as the gov't s decision in The Walking Dead to consolidate the population in urban centers didn't go so well for them.....
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For you to get this information you need to have a ARF platinum level membership and a NRA lifetime membership
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

For you to get this information you need to have a ARF platinum level membership and a NRA lifetime membership
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13'ers
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

13'ers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13'ers

Seriously, coming from a 12'er..... have your arf balls even dropped yet?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm thinking that going out on a boat is a good idea at least until things settle down on land.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:24:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hours 1 and 2:

Head out, stock up on as much food, water, dog food, and toilet paper other essentials I can get.  While I am at it Id rob a pharmacy or two and maybe an emergency room (nicely so I don't hurt anyone) and stock up on meds and first aid supplies.

Head to local home depot and buy as much plywood as I can get as well as bricks and mortar.  I'd than hire the illegals that hang out front looking for work to go over to my house and board/brick up all the ground floor doors/windows.

Hour 3:

Go to LGS that carries a good selection of tactical weaponry and ammo, walk in and shout "THE STORE ACROSS THE STREET IS HAVING A BUY 1 GET ONE FREE SALE ON 22 RF AMMO"..after the customers and employees fall for this diversionary tactic, I clean them out of ammo and weaponary.

Hour 4:

Call 911 and report a  "Donut Truck overturned", wait for the local po-po to go pay the respects, and than steal their MRAP or APC.

5, 6 and 7:

Steal a tanker truck of each unleaded fuel , diesel and propane and stash them on my property.

Hours 8-12:

Stay home and load mags and organize my newly acquired supplies and wait for all hell to break loose.

View Quote

I like this guy
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#33]
My last 12 hours would be spent on hookers and blow.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Bust out the steam roller.
Cancel direct TV.
Set tree stands with kids manning perimeter watch
Make tea
Blast Wagner on PA system
Buff my helmet
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#35]
12 hours is more than enough time get ready and escape into the mountains and so no one with the same idea could do so blow up a few bridges leading to the mountains with an IED or two
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
12 hours is more than enough time get ready and escape into the mountains and so no one with the same idea could do so blow up a few bridges leading to the mountains with an IED or two
View Quote

happy first post

Should've waited until 2014 to avoid the bad name given around here... 13'ers
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

happy first post

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

happy first post

Yeah this '13er sort of sucks when I have been lurking for years and finally decided to register... in the 13's.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Just go home.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#39]
load up shit in a huge boat and head to the Dry Tortugas,before that raid every pharmacy and armory for the full auto stuff..i can't see spend my life in a house,I Rather spend my life on and island with blue water and sandy beach
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I had to save that one to the collection
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
load up shit in a huge boat and head to the Dry Tortugas,before that raid every pharmacy and armory for the full auto stuff..i can't see spend my life in a house,I Rather spend my life on and island with blue water and sandy beach
View Quote

Would this be you?

http://www.theworldorbust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/on-teh-beach-with-gun.jpg

On second thought... I think I will join you....

http://fistsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/wpid-bikini-gun-girl_1546417a1.jpg

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#42]
1. Tell wife "I told you so", call friends to celebrate and coordinate.
2. Grab all cash, empty bank account.
3. Load vehicle with preps.
4. Buy as much ammo and Mt. Dew as possible on way to bug out/last stand location.
5. Meet friends at location.More celebrating.
6. Double check gear.
7. Remind wife we could be facing the zombie hordes with Aimpoint equipped La Rue rifles if she had listened to me.
8. Set up live internet video feed.
9. Log in to Arfcom.
10. Cue up some death metal.
11. Dedicate first kill to Odin.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:18:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Go fill the wood rack up, call my dad and tell him to head on up cause I'm taking steaks out
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Id head to the marina and steal a boat, head down the coast to the Chesapeake bay, where multiple family friends have secluded homes. (Would bring friends and family of course) since we beat the panic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I'm the only one who knows....make my move.  Grab my dog, love ones, and find head for water.  I live in Illinois, so plenty of fresh water.  All I need is a boat, the surround area has a potential 6 million biters, the water has none.  Prefer a boat with sails.  Load it to food and ammo...and set sail.

View Quote

Dunno about you, but our water is a pretty solid, walkable surface.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Get some sleep, so I can be on my a-game.

I guess I'm boring that way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I'm the only one who knows....make my move.  Grab my dog, love ones, and find head for water.  I live in Illinois, so plenty of fresh water.  All I need is a boat, the surround area has a potential 6 million biters, the water has none.  Prefer a boat with sails.  Load it to food and ammo...and set sail.

Agreed. I was driving my truck on the local lake a few days ago
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#50]
1. Load everything
2. fap
3. grab gf
4. leave
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top