Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:44:26 AM EDT
I sent a message to the NRA via Facebook yesterday.  I have not heard back from them, which I think is telling of a disconnect: we are right; legislators know we are right (or at least fear us); but the people are against us, and the people expect instant gratification in tiny bites.  This war education campaign has to be waged in social media, it has to be quick and catchy and easy to propagate.  If we do not convince the public the importance of the second amendment then it will be gone in a generation or two.

Is there a resource to refute news article and studies, a quick "index" of sorts published by the NRA?  Does anyone address specific news articles?

I just visited here and signed on to be a "Social Media Ambassador", what ever that means.  At the very least I hope to get more info on the NRA's use of social media, because I do not see a lot of pro-2A stuff out there and a lot of it is very poorly done.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The NRA has invested quite heavily in recent years in Social Media and I invite you to check out www.nra.org and www.nraila.org (Which you sign on to become a "Social Media Ambassador" for the upcoming election cycle.  We are represented via NRA News, NRA, NRA Family, NRA Safety, NRA Sports, NRA Competitions, etc. - all of which are on Facebook.  Additionally, the NRA Blog www.nrablog.com is another source of information.

Wit regards to a timely reference, I would suggest the aforementioned NRA-ILA link and my friend, Guy Smith's website, www.gunfacts.info  

Given the high volume of inquiries, I would suggest you call down to NRA HQ via (703) 267-1000 and ask for the great folks in the Institute for Legislative Action about your issue.  I have no doubt that they will assist you.

Hope this helps.....BTW are you a NRA Member?

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The NRA has invested quite heavily in recent years in Social Media and I invite you to check out www.nra.org and www.nraila.org (Which you sign on to become a "Social Media Ambassador" for the upcoming election cycle.  We are represented via NRA News, NRA, NRA Family, NRA Safety, NRA Sports, NRA Competitions, etc. - all of which are on Facebook.  Additionally, the NRA Blog www.nrablog.com is another source of information.

Wit regards to a timely reference, I would suggest the aforementioned NRA-ILA link and my friend, Guy Smith's website, www.gunfacts.info  

Given the high volume of inquiries, I would suggest you call down to NRA HQ via (703) 267-1000 and ask for the great folks in the Institute for Legislative Action about your issue.  I have no doubt that they will assist you.

View Quote

Thanks for the additional links, I'll read over Guy's website later.

I had already visited nraila.org and signed up to be a Social Media Ambassador, and am a Lifetime member.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I had already visited nraila.org and signed up to be a Social Media Ambassador, and am a Lifetime member.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for supporting the NRA at such a level....I missed the eagle

Best of luck,

Joe
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a very well written article and facts. We all in the gun community(or most) get it. Sadly though the anti-gunners won't ever get even if they read these facts and myths. It's a shame though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top