Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2015 11:50:01 AM EDT
The NRA has been successful in recent years in passing a number of state level right to hunt and fish constitutional amendments. With the recent SJW uproar (lol) over Cecil Rhodes the lion, it seems like the right to legally hunt and fish might not be secure in the long term. Can anyone here speak to whether the NRA has any plans to work with members of congress to pass a Federal right to hunt and fish amendment? I think it's far better to do it now then wait until there are actual lawmakers filing bills to outlaw all hunting. Regardless of your stance on homosexual marriage, the swift liberal victory on the issue is instructive. If anti-homosexual marriage activists had pushed for a constitutional amendment outlawing the practice in, say, 1975, it would almost certainly not be legal today.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The NRA has been successful in recent years in passing a number of state level right to hunt and fish constitutional amendments. With the recent SJW uproar (lol) over Cecil Rhodes the lion, it seems like the right to legally hunt and fish might not be secure in the long term. Can anyone here speak to whether the NRA has any plans to work with members of congress to pass a Federal right to hunt and fish amendment? I think it's far better to do it now then wait until there are actual lawmakers filing bills to outlaw all hunting. Regardless of your stance on homosexual marriage, the swift liberal victory on the issue is instructive. If anti-homosexual marriage activists had pushed for a constitutional amendment outlawing the practice in, say, 1975, it would almost certainly not be legal today.
View Quote

To my knowledge there are no plans to lobby for an amendment to ensure something that is legal already in all 50 states.  We commemorate our ability to do so each year on National Hunting and Fishing Day.  To learn more about National Hunting and Fishing day, go HERE

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To my knowledge there are no plans to lobby for an amendment to ensure something that is legal already in all 50 states.  We commemorate our ability to do so each year on National Hunting and Fishing Day.  To learn more about National Hunting and Fishing day, go HERE

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just think it would be a good idea to get something like that on the books if at all possible now while we can do so without relative ease. There will almost certainly come a time when the liberals push to make hunting illegal, possibly through the courts under some "constitutional right" of animals to be protected under, say, the 14th amendment. No offense, but we need to plan for the future, and "National Hunting and Fishing Day" isn't going to mean a damned thing when the liberals decide that banning hunting is an idea whose time has come.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I just think it would be a good idea to get something like that on the books if at all possible now while we can do so without relative ease. There will almost certainly come a time when the liberals push to make hunting illegal, possibly through the courts under some "constitutional right" of animals to be protected under, say, the 14th amendment. No offense, but we need to plan for the future, and "National Hunting and Fishing Day" isn't going to mean a damned thing when the liberals decide that banning hunting is an idea whose time has come.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense taken.  If you believe that we could amendment the United States Constitution with "relative ease," I say good on you brother!  We are always planning for the future....and by working with our partners like the Congressional Sportsmen Foundation, SCI, DU, WTF, etc we will be prepared for whatever frivolous scheme they try to spring.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top