Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:58:04 AM EDT
NRA: Will restrict a constitutional right to self-protection

It was already illegal to buy ammunition magazines holding more than 10 rounds in California, but soon those living in Los Angeles won’t be able to possess them either.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti says he will sign a measure passed by the city council that gives residents 60 days to turn in or otherwise get rid of ammunition magazines exceeding 10 rounds, even if they bought them before California’s assault weapons law went into effect in 2000.

Read more at: Washington Times

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The first California AWB was in 1989. I have registration for mine in 1989, those rifles came with hi cap magazines. The State knows (at least they should know) I've had hi caps since 1982. Some of them are now "collectible" such as early Colt's. Adventure line, Sterling 30's and 40's. Now, 33 years later they want to take them? A sad state of affairs, yep. Looks like the beginning of the end to me. God help us all. Yep, I'm inside the City of LA limits. I need to figure out what to do lickity split. This sucks big time. -W
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The first California AWB was in 1989. I have registration for mine in 1989, those rifles came with hi cap magazines. The State knows (at least they should know) I've had hi caps since 1982. Some of them are now "collectible" such as early Colt's. Adventure line, Sterling 30's and 40's. Now, 33 years later they want to take them? A sad state of affairs, yep. Looks like the beginning of the end to me. God help us all. Yep, I'm inside the City of LA limits. I need to figure out what to do lickity split. This sucks big time. -W
View Quote

It would be a damm shame if all those mags were lost in a terrible boating accident...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:30:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots of people have standard capacity magazines from before 2000.

For LA...concealed means concealed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top