Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2015 12:26:27 PM EDT
Just in, Obama is moving to ban M855 5.56, commonly available ammo for AR-15s, Congress needs to act.  

Link to Article
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
And for so long they said it was Ball ammo and not armor piercing. With the this weeks Federal court decision on the interstate sell of handguns guess the next law suit would be against the BATFE on the "Sporting Use".

CD
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We have to stop ATF from classifying M855 as AP ammunition. With the end of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, at least for infantry troops, Lake City and other manufacturers have excessive capacity in production and I believe M855 will be abundant in supply. If ATF classify M855 as AP, then I am sure another price hike is coming.

When they started machine gun ban in 1986, I did not stand up again them since I did not have a machine gun.
When they classify 14-inch shoestring as machine gun, I did not stand up again them as I am not interested in those silly bump fire device.
When they banned Norinco and PloyTech imports of AK and ammunition, I did not stand up again them since I want my stuffs to be made-in-America.
When they limited magazine to 10 rounds and posed Assault Weapon Ban, I did not stand up again them as I was fine with 10-round magazine.
When they changed the status of 5.45*39 mm 7N6 ammo to AP, I did not stand up again them as I did not have an AK74.
Now, when they are going to classify M855 as AP, nobody is left to stand up with me against them.

Personally, I was disappointed that NRA did not stop the current administration from classifying 7N6 as AP ammo.

Here are the methods to contact ATF regarding this issue of M855's status. Deadline for comment period is 03/16/2015.

ATF email: [email protected]

Fax: (202) 648-9741.

Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N-602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20226: ATTN: AP Ammo Comments.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Denise Brown, Enforcement Programs and Services, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice, 99 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20226; telephone: (202) 648-7070.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I just renewed my NRA membership.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
In addition to providing my comments, I am about to write my Congressman and ask him to take measures to cut the BATFE budget as a direct response to this assault on the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent letters to my Congressman, Senator as well as to the BATFE. To my representatives, I asked them to consider limiting the Attorney General's ability to determine "Sporting Purpose" as authorized under the GCA of 1968 since these decisions are almost always political. I also pointed out that the Republicans do control both chambers and they do have the power of the purse. Perhaps they could prohibit funding to portions of the GCA 68 that determines "Sporting Purposes."

Seems so arrogant that some politician can determine if something is suitable for sport. Its time for a change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top