Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 3:04:21 AM EDT
Massachusetts: Senate Strips Gun Control Language From Gun Bill

Thanks to your calls, e-mails and active involvement, Thursday the Massachusetts Senate stripped some of the most egregious anti-gun provisions from Senate Bill 2265, including the elimination of the discretionary component which would have created new “may issue” FID issuance standards by providing issuing authorities with unlimited discretion to deny firearms identification cards.  The Senate adopted Amendment 63.1 by a 28 to 10 vote.  Other significant changes were made, including the adoption of an amendment which addressed the provision denying a person who has had their firearms seized with the ability to have their personal property transferred within ten days to a lawfully licensed individual.
As amended, S.2265 passed in the state Senate and has been sent to the Massachusetts House of Representatives for concurrence.  The earliest the state House could act on this legislation would be Monday, July 21.  Since the House version of this bill, H.4285, is pending in the Senate, we expect the differences in these two bills to be ironed out and additional changes made in a conference committee.  The NRA will be advocating that the conference committee retain these important changes made in the state Senate and we will continue to oppose any additional language that infringes on the rights of gun owners in the Commonwealth.

Your NRA-ILA will be closely monitoring the movement of this legislation and will keep you updated as it progresses.

Read more at: NRA-ILA

As a life member of G.O.A.L., I would like to thank all of my fellow members and Executive Director Jim Wallace for everything they did for the cause of freedom in Mass!   Working together....we will prevail!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:08:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Massachusetts: Senate Strips Gun Control Language From Gun Bill

Thanks to your calls, e-mails and active involvement, Thursday the Massachusetts Senate stripped some of the most egregious anti-gun provisions from Senate Bill 2265, including the elimination of the discretionary component which would have created new "may issue” FID issuance standards by providing issuing authorities with unlimited discretion to deny firearms identification cards.  The Senate adopted Amendment 63.1 by a 28 to 10 vote.  Other significant changes were made, including the adoption of an amendment which addressed the provision denying a person who has had their firearms seized with the ability to have their personal property transferred within ten days to a lawfully licensed individual.

As amended, S.2265 passed in the state Senate and has been sent to the Massachusetts House of Representatives for concurrence.  The earliest the state House could act on this legislation would be Monday, July 21.  Since the House version of this bill, H.4285, is pending in the Senate, we expect the differences in these two bills to be ironed out and additional changes made in a conference committee. The NRA will be advocating that the conference committee retain these important changes made in the state Senate and we will continue to oppose any additional language that infringes on the rights of gun owners in the Commonwealth.

Your NRA-ILA will be closely monitoring the movement of this legislation and will keep you updated as it progresses.

Read more at: NRA-ILA

As a life member of G.O.A.L., I would like to thank all of my fellow members and Executive Director Jim Wallace for everything they did for the cause of freedom in Mass!   Working together....we will prevail!

View Quote
That part worries me.

And FTR, Rep Paul Heroux (whom I have been hammering with my displeasure) claims GOAL supported the House bill. GOAL was reportedly Neutral. When I asked on the FB page if they were now supporting the bill, I got no reply.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:15:09 AM EDT
[#2]
When I asked on the FB page if they were now supporting the bill, I got no reply.

Perhaps you may want to venture a telephone call down to their HQ?

THANK YOU for your advocacy!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
PM....Get better soon!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top