Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 11:54:53 PM EDT
Picking up my german shorthair coming up here in mid April. I've got a fenced in backyard but also want a kennel. I'm looking at getting a 10x10 and think that would be a good size for it. I'm seeing different kinds and my uncle steered me towards the rod constructed ones instead of chain link. I have to say they do look a lot nicer and a lot more durable. I'm looking for something constructed with panels in case I decide to move in a few years. I'm still not set on which kind to get. I didn't know if I should pony up the extra cash for the nicer style or just get chain link. If I get a chain link one I'd go towards one with the horizontal and vertical supports in the panels.

I see there is a stephens pipe & steel brand that is on quite a few sites.

She wouldn't be in it all of the time. One of the main reasons is it would be somewhere that I could keep her while I'm at work so she doesn't dig herself out of the yard.

Any opinions on certain brands? I really wasn't hoping to break the $550 barrier but just got around to pricing them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Stephens is nice chain link. They won't sell direct, but you can find them through local vendors. They're a good choice. Rhino Kennels are top of the line, and you won't regret buying one, but the price is about twice your initial estimate. Buy once, cry once, people here like to say.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
My dogs stay in the house when I am gone
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top