Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2017 8:23:15 PM EDT
A few weeks back my wife showed me a picture of a dog at a local rescue. He was an almost solid black male GSD. We already have one GSD and a GSP. We really didn't have room for another dog but we decided to go check him out anyway. We got there and felt like we needed to give him a home. He was big, healthy, and very friendly. We talked with the person working at the rescue and explained that we would like to try him with our other dogs before we committed. They agreed, but only after he was neutered which was fine with us. Turns out Axle is 1 year old, AKC registered and chipped. His family has a young child that is allergic and they surrendered him to the rescue. He fits right in with out other 2. He will end up being a big dog. He is one year old and 63lb. My other GSD is 2.5 and 61lb. His frame is a lot bigger and he already looks a lot bigger than my female Aubrey. He is still adjusting to his new family. Once he gets settled in we will start some basic obedience training to get him up to speed with what my other dogs know how to do. So here are a few pictures of him and the rest of the family. Maggie, the GSP, is also a rescue that was arranged here on ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Good save.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What a handsome fella.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
He is fitting in just fine. My GSP has adopted him as her own and treats him like a son. He is coming along good with his obedience training so far too. He is the most laid back dog I have fooled with. He is laid back to the point it is hard to determine what his drive is for training. He likes treats, so that is what we are sticking with for now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Great lookin' dag.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Good job.   Looking for a second rescue now.  Took my son to the pound today and there were nothing but put bulls hitting the cage
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good job.   Looking for a second rescue now.  Took my son to the pound today and there were nothing but put bulls hitting the cage
View Quote

We weren't looking for either of ours, just kinda came across them. We couldn't be happier though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Over the past week Axle has become a primarily inside dog. He goes out and plays with our other dogs a few times a day, but otherwise he chills on his bed and on his spot on the couch. The previous owner said he had never been inside before. He is the calmest, best mannered dog I have ever dealt with. Still working on training. He is a little hard headed and couldn't care less about getting a reward for good behavior. Otherwise he is fitting in great.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top