Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 2:47:19 PM EDT
OK, I had two black lab-chow mixes.  The brother was put down for throat cancer in May but before he was put down, he was losing his fur.  I'd find clumps of it on the floor.  The vet told me he needed protein (I buy the Nature Domain dog food from Costco for them).  Now his sister is dropping clumps of fur.  Ideas?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I once lived in a house that we discovered had mold issues. While living there our pets had problems with losing fur. Once we moved the problems stopped.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two dogs on thyroid meds.
Sometimes it seems like they grow an extra coat and shed the old coat. I can brush her fur and have so much it's like I have enough to make another dog out of it, and the coat is still full. It's a short hairs dog too and the clumps are really thick.

Also puppies and some dogs get mange, a chemical dip can alleviate that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
We have had 3 Britt's die of cancer over the years, one of which was also losing his hair in patches.  He was also misdiagnosed for a couple months  as having  some unknown skin issue.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
our golden gets only people food for s reason
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top