Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2015 11:16:59 PM EDT
9mo old female GSD.  Had her fixed @ 5mo old..  

Problem is, when she gets really excited, she pees all over the floor..  Not a real problem day to day, as she doesn't do it all the time, but if I have been gone for 3-4 days (I travel alot for work), she is so damn excited when she sees me she pisses all over the place.  The wife has got to where she will make sure the dog is outside when I pull up..

Question is:

Is this a result of her being fixed, and if so, will it eventually stop?

or

Is this just a dog being a dog and loving the piss out of me?!  

This is the first inside dog and female I've had, so I have no clue.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It's the same with my GSD mix. Gets exited as hell to see me. Gives me a warm feeling.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
5 months old is a bit early to have her spayed, but it seems unlikely it would be spay incontinence in that young of a dog. So it's probably not a "female thing".

As usual, you should get her checked for any medical issues, e.g. a UTI, etc. However the most likely answer is some combination of submission and/or excitement urination.

Google has some excellent references on this topic: link.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My 4.5 year old lab still does it, if she hasn't peed recently when the UPS guy drops off a package
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top