User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 12:37:40 PM EDT
I've heard it's bad and good for them.
Anyone with personal experience?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife is a vet.  She won't let ours have grapes or onions.

Has never mentioned garlic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Garlic is bad for dogs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no reason to give garlic to pets.  It wont kill them if they get into your garlic bread but dont purposely feed it to them.

Cschelk2 DVM
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I was reading most of the links on the first page if you google "can dogs have garlic" and a few of them said it's ok with the proper dosage while a couple others said no.
I'd post the links but chrome keeps crashing on my phone when I try.
Wanted to see what you all thought and I remembered there were a few vets on here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I vaguely remember seeing a food additive that contained a lot of garlic, that was being sold as a "natural" flea control method. Don't know whether it worked, but I imagine that if it was harmful to dogs it would have gotten pulled from market damned quick.

ETA: just did some quick googling. Not proven to work, and garlic in large amounts is an intestinal irritant, according to the ASPCA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top