Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2015 8:17:35 PM EDT
Rented a cabin in TN..

This is Bella, so named by my kids. Something howled during the night and got into our garbage. First thought was yotes but was talking to my BIL next day and I was saying that it didn't much sound like a yote, more k9 like. Sure enough later that day, this gal heard us throwing a hatchet at a tree down the driveway and came looking for us. My daughter retrieved a burger from the fridge, I threw it to her but she was too skittish to get close to us. She followed us close to the cabin but ran off when I walked towards her so I gave up. That night, my son heard her outside howling, he looked out and saw her curled up on the welcome mat. Long story short, she never left the porch after that. She would sleep and wait there for us to come outside or return to the cabin after our daily activities. Poor girl was loaded with the ticks and was all skin and bones. Owner of the cabin said people dump dogs all the time, she had saved 8 so far. So a 10 mile drive to wallyworld for flea/tick shampoo, collar, leash, flea medicine and de-wormer...a plan was in the works for Bella to get a free ride to Florida for a new home which turned our 7 hour drive into a 14 hour drive after having to divert to Orlando to meet with the kids' mom. She currently has her and is scheduling a vet visit for tests and getting fixed. Don't think she is going anywhere after that. Kids probably got a new dog when the get home.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Good save. That's the kind that will love you the mostest.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good save. That's the kind that will love you the mostest.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't see her but there was a Brendel somewhere in the AO too. Surprised they weren't together.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Update? They keeping her?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:05:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update? They keeping her?
View Quote

So far. An incident with chewing. And a few accidents, probably due to hook worms. But so far. When she is looking better I'll post some new pictures.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the world of dog rescue!
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you sir! I bet she will be a great dog.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]
New pics in a couple of weeks, she will be spending the weekend with me.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top