Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2015 8:30:43 AM EDT
Friend of mine contacts me about this skin and bones pup and kitten that showed up at his place a few days ago.  Says he can keep the kitten but the neighbors who run a small engine repair shop complained about the puppy "growling" at their customers.  I go over there after work and arrive before my friend so I sit down on his steps.  This little guys walks up, tagging his tail and plops down next to me.   Yep,  truly a vicious animal.   I have no idea what breed.  Any guesses?  Apparently one of the "customers" claimed it looked like a pit to the shop owners which played a major role in their complaining.  Doesn't look like one to me but I'm not familiar.     Very playful.   Loves cats.  Was  a little scared of my larger dogs but they being gentle as they are, that didn't last long.  Haven't put her in with the "Dogwood" crowd yet.  Didnt' want to overwhelm her.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a pit bull.   Name him Steve.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a pit bull.   Name him Steve.
View Quote

Well, there ya go.  This might get interesting.  Looks like I'll be doing a little research.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
He is a handsome pup...  
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He is a handsome pup...  
View Quote

This, and I have no idea what kind.  The only way to tell for sure if it's a pit bull is with a DNA test or a news report.    
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This, and I have no idea what kind.  The only way to tell for sure if it's a pit bull is with a DNA test or a news report.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is a handsome pup...  

I thought maybe a little boxer but I have no idea.  I'll just wait to be mauled in my sleep I guess  
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
What you have is a purebred Mutticus Maximus.

Seriously, though, I'm seeing a possibility of some Scott type American Bulldog, but mostly it's just mutt.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Mutts are my personal favorite
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks like a Petey to me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#10]
if its a girl, name her Shitonya
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]
7 year old niece called her Lola so when she's here, I guess I'll call her that.  So far I have a Max Sr, Max Jr, Yeti, O'Ryan, Lainey, Possum, Stinky, Rascal, Short Stack, Old Girl, Lil Bit, Terminator, Kristy (named after an ex of mine who also would never shut up) Jack, Fat Boy, and Spanky.  Yes, the vet and dog food companies love me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Fo, as in Fo Dog
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#13]
White dog, I'd call him Squatch.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about Cracker?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do have a Great Pyrenees called Yeti
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:54:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Ice
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Probably is a pit mix, possibly a pit with Jack Russel,
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]
"Spot" or "Patch" seem appropriate.

Nice looking dog, whatever they call him!

*Dogs are cool! LOL
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#19]
How about REMY   or REMMY as in Remington.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Sammi
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like at least part Pit to me. If I had a female Pit I'd name her Sallie.
Sallie was the mascot of the 11th PA Infantry and is featured on their monument at Gettysburg.

"A dog so loyal and full of love for her men that they insisted she be remembered on 'their' monument, for all time".

Yes, people really do leave dog biscuits for Sallie at the monument. Seeing as the OP is from MS, I understand if he doesn't go with my suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Rosco.

Thank you for giving her a good home.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top