Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 8:31:59 PM EDT
Introducing Keegan, an 18 month-old female shelter cat. Already spayed and all shots up to date. A bargain (we hope) at $70.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Needless to say that "Old Christine" (11 year old female tuxedo) is NOT HAPPY about the new introduction of "New Christine".

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Needless to say that "Old Christine" (11 year old female tuxedo) is NOT HAPPY about the new introduction of "New Christine".

View Quote

Old Christine needs to be careful.  I've known a few Maine Coons, and while they may look all fuzzy and sweet, they are not to me messed with.  I've seen them take apart some of the fiercest looking tomcats out there.

Beautiful kitty you got there!

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cats are always funny like that.  It took my bigger cat a good month to warm up to his smaller companion.  Now they are buds.  It's just not like most dogs, sniff butts, lets play!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks very much like my old boy Hudson who passed away years ago.  He made it to 15 and survived multiple bouts of cancer, the loss of an eye, being run over, and multiple other mishaps.  I miss him to this day and keep a picture of him on my desk.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't say that after 2 days that "All's quiet on the Western Front" but there are some small moments of peace.

She's just a big, floppy cat-beast. I suspect that her former owners (who voluntarily surrendered her to the shelter) may have not been feeding her enough. Under all that fur she's pretty skinny...and unusually light for a cat her size.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say that after 2 days that "All's quiet on the Western Front" but there are some small moments of peace.

She's just a big, floppy cat-beast. I suspect that her former owners (who voluntarily surrendered her to the shelter) may have not been feeding her enough. Under all that fur she's pretty skinny...and unusually light for a cat her size.
View Quote

That's too bad.  A lot of times its not the volume of food but the quality.  Find some that is very high in protein and low in other junk and she'll be healthier and happier.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Ooooh, new kitteh! Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks exactly like my rescue named Scuba
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats!
I would love a Maine Coon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:38:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks sweet, and gorgeous. Congratulations, and best wishes for many happy years together.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#12]
If it's a MCC get ready for awesomeness!  Though the females don't get big like the males do!

Obligatory Orion my MCC pic...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#13]
So after about 2 months  both kitties have settled in meaning old kitty no longer has the urge to tear new kitty a new one. They're not "best buds" but the pretty much respect the other. On occasion old kitty will come up and sniff new kitty's nose.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful kitty.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Still trying to get a photo of her on her back with her paws in the air....

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Four months later....

Yeah, I think she likes it here.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#17]
She's a beauty, for sure.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#18]
that is a beautify k.itty.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top