Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 9:51:09 AM EDT
What do you think is the best pet to have?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
DOG
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Grizzly bear.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DOG
View Quote

X 3  labso and mixes there of.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Rock.

No maintenance required.

Other then that, dag.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
A big dumb dog if you have the time for it.

If not, kitties!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Simo is best pet. 5 lbs of fun.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with a rock, don't bark and doesn't get on the furniture.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Dog for sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Dogs.  Everyone should have at least one. :)

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Possum
The old ar15.com mascot!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Cat. He doesn't give a shit if I leave for a week.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
someone that likes surfing arfcom with you

someone that does not drink too heavily

someone that watches over his friends

someone that can chill out with you

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
DAG, obviously

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Dag

I grew up with dogs and then when I had kids and all we didn't have one. I didn't want to mess with the fur, the food, the vet, the shit etc...

But just a few months ago I gave in. We got a guinea pig... I built it a huge box to live in. Thing is crazy... Wife hates it now but it has a nice place to live and food...

Same time we ended up getting fish... I'm tired of that damn fish tank and all the fucking algae. If it wasn't for the algae  it'd be nice...

Then, then we got a dog. And I am so glad we got her. It was finally the right time with our kids being young and the right dog. Had to bored her for a few days here and going to get her this afternoon. I'm excited to see her!

Actually gonna get another dog too!

A good cat is nice but I think finding a good cat is harder. We took in a stray kitten last year. Omg we fucking hated that cat. Was gonna take it to the pound. Cat got lucky a girl at work took it in...

Dogs all the way.

image by BillyDoubleU, on Flickr
image by BillyDoubleU, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
DOG. Just lost mine on 3/30. She was a big black lab that adopted us just about two years to the day. I wasn't ready for a new dog at the time (less than five  months of losing my 11 year old GS). I tried chasing them off ( she was with a bloodhound looking smaller dog). That was a cold rainy Sunday afternoon. on Monday the other dog was gone but the lab stayed. When I left for work I assumed she would be gone when I got back, not so. Now I felt real bad because she had been out side for almost two days, so I brought her in to the house and gave her food and water and a place to sleep. Then my wife called to me and asked IS THAT DOG IN THE HOUSE? I said yes she is. The wife says if we keep her she needs her shots.
The last two years she was one of the best dogs I ever had. I never had a lab before but will get one in time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#16]
dog
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://i61.tinypic.com/5ohuv8.jpg
View Quote

You need to be honest with us, it's really 2 pounds of heart and 3 pounds of fur isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dogs.  Everyone should have at least one. :)

View Quote

NO! Not EVERYONE! But good, caring people that need a loyal friend in their lives should all have one (or two)...

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#19]
c'mon, now! you have to know better--EVERYBODY KNOWS IT'S A:

The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.
George Graham Vest 1855
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Dog, and in true ARFCOM fashion, get both.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#21]
A rescued Dog.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Cat. Much easier to take care of and more independent.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Ours is a recuse as well. She is an Blue Heeler/Pit Bull mix. Their is another dog at animal control with the same mix but a male. We tried calling but they were closed today. Gonna call about him tomorrow, hopefully he is still there
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#24]
The best pet...
If you want unconditional love: Dog
If you want to be a slave: Cat
If you want an undemanding pet that doesn't care if you live or die as long as it's fed and comfortable: Snake
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Y'know, this post sounded familiar (Troll alert in Pets)
What would be best pet for me
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You need to be honest with us, it's really 2 pounds of heart and 3 pounds of fur isn't it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i61.tinypic.com/5ohuv8.jpg

Heart? The White Death has no heart !
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Dog.  Great friend and companion...and can protect you and your house.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Can never go wrong with Pups....

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Yup... both of mine were rescued.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Why do all labs have the same 2 faces?

1. The just-woke-up "what the hell?" face
2. The sleep.

My lab is the same. He's either got his head down snoozing like a bum, or he's looking at me like he just farted and can't figure out what the noise coming from his backside was.

I love them because they're naturally protective of family members, and as loyal as can be. I guarantee mine has helped my stress level lately more than anything. It's nice to go home and see his goofy face and know all I have to do is scratch him behind the ears, give him a hug, and all is good for a while.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why do all labs have the same 2 faces?

1. The just-woke-up "what the hell?" face
2. The sleep.

My lab is the same. He's either got his head down snoozing like a bum, or he's looking at me like he just farted and can't figure out what the noise coming from his backside was.

I love them because they're naturally protective of family members, and as loyal as can be. I guarantee mine has helped my stress level lately more than anything. It's nice to go home and see his goofy face and know all I have to do is scratch him behind the ears, give him a hug, and all is good for a while.
View Quote

They sure are great.  My wife won't let me get another, simply because she knows there won't be another Lab to equal the one we had for 16 years.  Best dog ever.

We are Mastiff owners, now.  I can't recommend a Lab enough.  Once you get through the terrible twos  they are awesome!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:48:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Pets I liked
Dogs
Fish
Gerbils

Pets that were just ok
Cats
Birds

Pets that I did not like
Guinea pigs
Lizards
Snakes

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a herd of both cats and dogs but I honestly can't see how you'd do better than a dog.  A dog will sit next to ya on the porch and watch the day roll right on by wanting nothing more than to be there with ya.

What usually happens when I sit on the couch........my blind lab, Max.  Excuse the mess I'm still remodeling/working on my old shack.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#34]
^^^^
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Pets I liked
Dogs
Fish
Gerbils

Pets that were just ok
Cats
Birds

Pets that I did not like
Guinea pigs
Lizards
Snakes

View Quote

I also have had a long list of pets.

best pet in the world
Dog

Pets I liked
Cats
Birds
Lizards
Snakes
Spiders

Pets that were just ok
Gerbils
Guinea pigs

Pets that I did not like
Fish (boring)

Worst pet ever
Monkey
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Get both?

All grown up

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top