Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2015 4:34:26 PM EDT
Made another post about going to a shelter for the first time and that pup did not work out, but she still went to a good home. We ended up going to a breeder in the state who has been doing it for 20 years. Our pups dad is a biting GSD and the mom is a personal protection dog for a female owner.

Weird name for a girl i guess, but we call her bear. Shes got some big paws on her so i think the name sticks, plus there is no way me and the woman were going to agree on a name after i heard some of the names she threw out there . Our pup is really calm, cool and loves to be outside. We have some acreage so we will walk around for an hour and let her explore, she already knows the paths on her land.

My GF is not new to dogs, I will admit that I am. One of the weirdest/coolest things so far to me has been how much dogs relate to the people around them. Yeah, no shit you guys are probably thinking, but she likes nothing more then to hang out with us and be around us like she is just another person in the family. I always looked at dogs as "dogs" but she reminds me of a young kid sometimes.

She starts training this week, just basic puppy stuff my GF is into and will also help the pup socialize. After that (and when she gets a little older) we have some more advanced training lined up from a place around here that specializes in GSD's. I think the history of GSD's are great, and they have some great qualities, plus i think it will be awesome to train her up. A lot of potential.

Anyway, its been a ride, i wont lie, but the only issue was the first 2 weeks with sleep because we have no kids and were not used to getting up like that every few hours. I work late so its not so hard anymore and she is very close to being fully house trained.

Here are some pics. We got her at 8 weeks and she is a little over 12 now.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Cute Shepard !
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
aw thats  a cute dog.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful German Shepherd!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Made another post about going to a shelter for the first time and that pup did not work out, but she still went to a good home. We ended up going to a breeder in the state who has been doing it for 20 years. Our pups dad is a biting GSD and the mom is a personal protection dog for a female owner.

Weird name for a girl i guess, but we call her bear. Shes got some big paws on her so i think the name sticks, plus there is no way me and the woman were going to agree on a name after i heard some of the names she threw out there . Our pup is really calm, cool and loves to be outside. We have some acreage so we will walk around for an hour and let her explore, she already knows the paths on her land.

My GF is not new to dogs, I will admit that I am. One of the weirdest/coolest things so far to me has been how much dogs relate to the people around them. Yeah, no shit you guys are probably thinking, but she likes nothing more then to hang out with us and be around us like she is just another person in the family. I always looked at dogs as "dogs" but she reminds me of a young kid sometimes.
She starts training this week, just basic puppy stuff my GF is into and will also help the pup socialize. After that (and when she gets a little older) we have some more advanced training lined up from a place around here that specializes in GSD's. I think the history of GSD's are great, and they have some great qualities, plus i think it will be awesome to train her up. A lot of potential.

Anyway, its been a ride, i wont lie, but the only issue was the first 2 weeks with sleep because we have no kids and were not used to getting up like that every few hours. I work late so its not so hard anymore and she is very close to being fully house trained.
View Quote

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."  - Anatole France

It's an awakening that you will cherish and carry with you for the rest of your life.  I still remember when it happened to me.  It's a very cool thing.

ETA:  Beautiful little girl you have there!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I miss that stage. Cute pup!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Squee!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Dash,

Love the look of your dog. Dark muzzle with the lighter coat.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dash,

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dash,

Thanks! Shes a freak but pretty good for a Mal.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top