Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 9:12:12 PM EDT
Took him outside to use the restroom last night, figured might as well check around the barn before coming back. I stopped for a sec to get the tarp out of the truck and looked back, he was no where to be found. Looked for 2-3 hours last night, took the day off work, "weather was bad anyway" started walking the fields this morning at daybreak and then got out the 4-wheeler checked around the country block and ditches. Printed up some flyers posted them on the intersections and put a bunch in the mailboxes going around about a mile. I have been checking the animal shelter, Cisca, and Human society spent 10 hours today looking around the block and in fields but just found a set of tracks heading south. going onto a property I do not have permission to search so I left flyers  in all the mailboxes in that area. I live out in the country and the houses are usually 100-200ydrs apart.

Bear was a Yorkie that I picked up off the road about 4-5 years ago and spent the next day handing out flyers and positing signs only to be rewarded with thanks for picking him up if he did not have a collar more than likely he was dropped off.

Never thought I would like a small dog, never had one under 40lbs, but over the years he had become one of the family, it sucks, just keep an better eye on them when you take them out.

I think someone might have picked him up, "he will run to any vehicle with a door open and jump right in", being a good natured Yorkie I fear they might just decide to keep him.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks

Good luck in the search of your little friend.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
He looks like my Sophia
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Poor little guy.

I hope you get him back.

Yorkies have big personality.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope this one comes back to you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
goddamned coyotes............sorry OP.......
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

goddamned coyotes............sorry OP.......
View Quote
What I thought, why I walked the fields looking for hair/blood but did not see anything. Might have snapped his neck and carried him off though.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Could have been a owl, they are know to take snack sized dogs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there, hope he will show up for you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:46:47 AM EDT
[#10]
again Checked the fields today

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't give up yet. I lost an old blind dog once for 5 days in cold weather. I thought for sure coyotes got her. I found her alive.

Today, before dark, set "scent traps". Using a map find likely areas she might cross. Drop an item of your dirty laundry upwind of those natural funnels. A lost dog will whiff your scent and lay down on your clothing. Patrol these traps several times a day.

Do you have any electronic ear pro? A couple of times a night drive your ATV to a spot, settle in and listen for any yipping or whining.

Good luck. When I saw my dog caught in a ditch, standing in freezing water it was a miracle. I hope the same for you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't give up yet. I lost an old blind dog once for 5 days in cold weather. I thought for sure coyotes got her. I found her alive.

Today, before dark, set "scent traps". Using a map find likely areas she might cross. Drop an item of your dirty laundry upwind of those natural funnels. A lost dog will whiff your scent and lay down on your clothing. Patrol these traps several times a day.

Do you have any electronic ear pro? A couple of times a night drive your ATV to a spot, settle in and listen for any yipping or whining.

Good luck. When I saw my dog caught in a ditch, standing in freezing water it was a miracle. I hope the same for you.
View Quote
Thanks

Everthing was froze over temps have been in the 10-30 for the last week. I tracked some prints today that came back up my neighbors field towards the road before the snow ran out. I am starting to figure he was picked up. and the people either want to sell him or keep him.

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top