Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 5/28/2012 7:57:55 PM EDT
Trying to figure out how to upload pictures, figured I start with my buddy tank.

Link Posted: 5/28/2012 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Boxers are great dogs!
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
he is the first one i have owned, but I def. will never, not have a boxer in the house from this point foward
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Best dags in the world!

Mine is six, his name is Duke.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Trying to figure out how to upload pictures, figured I start with my buddy tank.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8503/imageyltc.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5193/imagewdb.jpg

Look at that face!  Make's you want to kiss it!  

Link Posted: 5/29/2012 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
What about a Boxer/Rott mix?

Link Posted: 5/29/2012 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]

That'll do.

Link Posted: 5/29/2012 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had two in my adult years.  Great dogs but the potential health issues make me think twice about getting another.  Cancer is very common.  The short snout also makes it tough for them to breathe in hot weather.  I wish that I could find the same personality in a healthier breed.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I strongly approve of this thread. Tank is an awesome looking boxer!
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
My mom has one she rescued from an animal shelter.  It was supposed to have bad hip displasia, but mom managed to get it well through diet and exercise and not sure what else.  Very protective dog, bit my uncle first time she met him.  Loves all of the grand kids.  

I'm quite fond of boxers, but still think them to be ugly bastards.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My mom has one she rescued from an animal shelter.  It was supposed to have bad hip displasia, but mom managed to get it well through diet and exercise and not sure what else.  Very protective dog, bit my uncle first time she met him.  Loves all of the grand kids.  

That's awsome, when I'm ready for another dog I planning on trying to find a boxer to adopt, I won't have time to raise a puppy.  I firmly believe that if you are a responsible dog owner, resucues can some of the most loving and loyal pets you can find.  Boxers are so ugly they are cute

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Cubby
Sometimes he's about as smart as a stump and other times he'll surprise you.  He's the first dog I've had that would try to beat you in a staring contest...

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
My 5 year old boxer, Jack.

We hiked a small mountain earlier in the day and he was so tired that he fell asleep on his way to get into the chair to go to sleep.

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad I started this thread great to see all the good looking boxers of afrcom
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm glad I started this thread great to see all the good looking boxers of afrcom

i agree, but this thread still made me cry. october 22nd i lost my 12 year old boxer. Rest in peace Chucky, you are greatly missed.

there are quite a few good looking boxers here, and their owners should be proud of them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Titus Pullo and his little buddy getting caught in the middle of a wrestling match. The cat sadly got hit by a car last Nov

Titus and his favorite ball of last summer

He loves tennis balls as well
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Big boxer fan here too!!
We just added one to our family and are loving it. 10years since our little girl Sonny died.
Meet Tyson, This was the day we brought him home at 11weeks. He has doubled in size/weight in 2 months!
Second picture was a few weeks later he discovered the pool!
Third pic is from Redneck Yacht club last weekend
Last picture is the one and only litter we had back in 96.
The stud on the bottom was my favorite puppy we called "Trouble"
Obviously where my desire to own and alpha male came from!

Link Posted: 5/31/2012 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife, daughter and I are firmly and forever "Boxer people" and have been for the last 20 or-so years. My first Boxer was "Abby", who lived to be 13. Then came "Oscar", who lived to be 12. Now we have "Martin (Marty)" and "Lucy", 7 and 5 respectively.

Marty:

Lucy:

Our first two Boxers were both American bred, but after wrestling with health problems (allergies, tumors, etc) with both dogs, we decided to go back to the source for the next two. Martin was born in Budapest, Hungary and we flew him in to Cincinnati (via Frankfurt, Germany) at 12-weeks-old. Lucy was born in Prague, Czech Republic and flew in to Detroit (via Paris, France) at 11-weeks-old. So far, both European imports are free from "typical" Boxer health issues.

I also have a JRT from Cleveland, but I'll save her for another thread.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
no pictures yet, but i got a boxer/doberman mix a few months ago. her name is sadie and within 3 weeks has latched onto my daughter and wont let her out of her sight. i too love boxers...and this dag has most certainly not let me down.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i agree, but this thread still made me cry. october 22nd i lost my 12 year old boxer. Rest in peace Chucky, you are greatly missed.

there are quite a few good looking boxers here, and their owners should be proud of them.

Always tough to lose a friend uve had, especially after 12 years, hope the pain eases, and hopefully you will decided to get another when ur ready, RIP Chucky
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My wife, daughter and I are firmly and forever "Boxer people" and have been for the last 20 or-so years. My first Boxer was "Abby", who lived to be 13. Then came "Oscar", who lived to be 12. Now we have "Martin (Marty)" and "Lucy", 7 and 5 respectively.

Marty:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/dog_pics/marty.jpg

Lucy:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/dog_pics/lucy.jpg

Our first two Boxers were both American bred, but after wrestling with health problems (allergies, tumors, etc) with both dogs, we decided to go back to the source for the next two. Martin was born in Budapest, Hungary and we flew him in to Cincinnati (via Frankfurt, Germany) at 12-weeks-old. Lucy was born in Prague, Czech Republic and flew in to Detroit (via Paris, France) at 11-weeks-old. So far, both European imports are free from "typical" Boxer health issues.

I also have a JRT from Cleveland, but I'll save her for another thread.

Good looking dogs, that sounds pretty pricey goin to the source like that
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Ha!  They are certainly interesting creatures.....

Link Posted: 5/31/2012 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It wasn't cheap, but not as bad as you might think.

My wife is a professional dog trainer, and she has her own business. We take our dogs pretty seriously, so European dogs with more "working" bloodlines made sense for us. Here is a good link that details some of the differences between European dogs and their American counterparts (make sure to scroll down for the pictures). Luckily there have been more American breeders importing European Boxers in recent years, so we won't have to look as far for our next one.

Boxer people know this already, but Boxers are contagious... I have three different friends and/or relatives that have gotten Boxers after spending time with our dogs. And, once you become a Boxer person, it never ends!
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't cheap, but not as bad as you might think.

My wife is a professional dog trainer, and she has her own business. We take our dogs pretty seriously, so European dogs with more "working" bloodlines made sense for us. Here is a good link that details some of the differences between European dogs and their American counterparts (make sure to scroll down for the pictures). Luckily there have been more American breeders importing European Boxers in recent years, so we won't have to look as far for our next one.

Boxer people know this already, but Boxers are contagious... I have three different friends and/or relatives that have gotten Boxers after spending time with our dogs. And, once you become a Boxer person, it never ends!

Thanks for the link, I figured you probably in the dog business somehow after seeing you imported them, and yes you are very correct they are contagious my buddy brought his 8 week boxer Hercules over one nite, and I had Tank the Nxt week

Link Posted: 6/1/2012 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#24]
yeah.... we are owned by one..
His name is Ernie..
Always wanted one.. after we had him for 6 months i told myself never again..
now that he is almost 3 years old.. I love him to death..
He likes to eat anything.. and I mean.. anything...
He wore the cone of shame  at  4 months old.. ate a big chunk of a tennis ball..( on a weekend no less.. you know how much it costs to have E-surgery on a weekend?)
Then he ate some sort of a seed while on a walk in the woods.. ( once again.. at the vets on a weekend to keep him pretty much alive)..
but he grew on me.. his look and his demeanor makes up for any  inconvenience he might have caused us. he is a sweet dog.. not a mean bone in his body towards people  or our cats.. But  he can be a fierce protector when he wants to be..
After his tennis ball meal..I felt soo bad  for him.. he wanted to run and play.. we pretty much had to  keep his sedated for a few days..

Link Posted: 6/1/2012 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#25]
My 2 Boxers Dasiy(right) and Missy(left)
Along with Dozer the English Bully

I'm holding pancakes

Link Posted: 6/1/2012 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm holding pancakes

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/backnblack-droid/381f47ae.jpg

You gave something very important in your hand don't you?
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
yeah.... we are owned by one..
His name is Ernie..
Always wanted one.. after we had him for 6 months i told myself never again..
now that he is almost 3 years old.. I love him to death..
He likes to eat anything.. and I mean.. anything...
He wore the cone of shame  at  4 months old.. ate a big chunk of a tennis ball..( on a weekend no less.. you know how much it costs to have E-surgery on a weekend?)
Then he ate some sort of a seed while on a walk in the woods.. ( once again.. at the vets on a weekend to keep him pretty much alive)..
but he grew on me.. his look and his demeanor makes up for any  inconvenience he might have caused us. he is a sweet dog.. not a mean bone in his body towards people  or our cats.. But  he can be a fierce protector when he wants to be..
After his tennis ball meal..I felt soo bad  for him.. he wanted to run and play.. we pretty much had to  keep his sedated for a few days..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Adyth/Picture1070.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Adyth/Picture239.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Adyth/Picture238.jpg

If you look closely you can see the cone of shame in the background of my 2nd pic
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Tonight at a concert downtown, my sis's boyfriend is the drummer.  Cubby hasn't had so much excitement in a while.  There was a chunky Boston terrier off to the right giving him the derp eye...

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8503/imageyltc.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5193/imagewdb.jpg

Ohh  ..I see the cone of shame..

I think they where invented just for our boxers... ;p

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#30]
We are a boxer family too. Probably always will be.
Sampson:

and his women

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Great looking dags! Currently have an English Bully but love Boxers too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tonight at a concert downtown, my sis's boyfriend is the drummer.  Cubby hasn't had so much excitement in a while.  There was a chunky Boston terrier off to the right giving him the derp eye...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/C360_2012-06-01-21-25-46.jpg

Peace center ampitheatre? I bring my labs down to the falls and they play in the water all the time. Also, the lake at Paris Mountain Park is fun for them...
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/C360_2012-06-01-21-25-46.jpg

Peace center ampitheatre? I bring my labs down to the falls and they play in the water all the time. Also, the lake at Paris Mountain Park is fun for them...

Actually, it's Easley's new little amphitheatre in Old Market Square.  Sis's boyfriend is the drummer in the band.  I've had him downtown Greenville on occasion though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Taken when he was younger. I still get the "Excuse me, wtf are you doing?" looks.

He was named after the great philosopher Homer. Most of the time he acts like a Simpson.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife and I are also now boxer people.  My uncle's boxer got me hooked as a kid, and now after owning this one, we'll probably have a boxer the rest of our lives.

This is George Killian soon after we took him home.

Doing his favorite activities.

With the wifer.

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Even Cubby gets lonely sometimes...  he has exotic tastes...

(BTW my power just went out...great...)

ETA: Cubby's pretend girlfriend, a friend's blue collie named Callie.  (real original, right?)
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Gunner says this thread is relevant to his interests.    Our Rottie Kaiser is in the background.  They were born 12 days apart.  They are both right around 9 months in the photos below.

Watching his playmate Kaiser.  Kaiser likes to take his toys.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#38]
They are all very good looking dogs :)
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#39]
This is Pepper

Some how last night she was able to get my car keys of the kitchen counter and hide them under the living room rug.
Aah the joys of having a 6 month old boxer.
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#40]
George being lazy.

Link Posted: 6/21/2012 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's awsome, when I'm ready for another dog I planning on trying to find a boxer to adopt, I won't have time to raise a puppy.  I firmly believe that if you are a responsible dog owner, resucues can some of the most loving and loyal pets you can find.  Boxers are so ugly they are cute

Well said friend. My Dane was a rescue. She was the best dog I ever had. They know what you did for them.

Link Posted: 6/21/2012 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'm holding pancakes

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/backnblack-droid/381f47ae.jpg

Right click....save as..

That is a great pic.

Link Posted: 6/21/2012 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#43]
You suuure you don't want a bath?

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Here is my boxer Wrigley.

He is looking at him self in the bathroom mirror.

slobber bubbles!!!

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's Angel.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#47]

That a very good looking dag you have, Tank approves of this thread
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Our "black" boxer, Roxie...

As a pup:

More recent:

I've never seen any other breed lie down this way.  Our other boxer did this as well:

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#49]
I've never seen any other breed lie down this way. Our other boxer did this as well:

Funny you say that, Tyson layed like that on occasion till about 5 months old. He will be 6months on 7/7 and doesn't do it anymore.
Probably due to the "boys"!!lol

Great looking boxers!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've never seen any other breed lie down this way. Our other boxer did this as well:

Funny you say that, Tyson layed like that on occasion till about 5 months old. He will be 6months on 7/7 and doesn't do it anymore.
Probably due to the "boys"!!lol

Great looking boxers!

Cubby's 7yo, unfixed and does it all the time.  When we're in the shop he puts his junk on the cool concrete floor...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top