Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
Dogsoldiers by James Tarr

Soldiers Son by DC Boroune.

Both Arcommers.
View Quote
Had a sneaking suspicion that he was a member.  VERY good reads.  Page turners.

I've read these James Tarr novels over the past month or so.  

The Fallen Republic Trilogy
The Echoes of Pangea Trilogy
The John Phault Trilogy

I'm most of the way through the first of the two Whorl books and have the second on my Kindle as well as Dog Soldiers.

Yay, Amazon Prime Reading.  I'm reading between 4 and 7 books a week so I'd be poor or stuck with the library otherwise.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PigBat:

Author is Charles Sage; dunno his ARFmember name. He's also written a series of military paranormal short stories and some military/aviation/mercenary books. I've got about half of them, generally good reads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PigBat:
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
I think Paper Tiger, Paper Dragon was written by a member here. I can't remember who wrote it though. I think it is the first of a series, and features a hand full of mercenary pilots and a plan to attack a high value target with a lot of plausible deniability.

Author is Charles Sage; dunno his ARFmember name. He's also written a series of military paranormal short stories and some military/aviation/mercenary books. I've got about half of them, generally good reads.
Yeah - Charles Sage - Bushleaguepilot

Enjoyed the Potter's Run series and Year of the Tiger series immensely.  Highly recommend.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
@Pushrod_Paul is an author with a few books available.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:53:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alnen123] [#5]
My brand new book on the second amendment is officially published!

Rules For Thee: How Gun Control Goes From "Just The Tip" To Full Blown "Hide The Sausage"

https://a.co/d/7pYCZns

Attachment Attached File

Description:

"Indulge yourself in the decadent justness of the modern defense implement. Not only are guns a protected right for those who choose to not leave their fate in the hands of criminals and/or authoritarians, they are categorically a massive net positive for our country as proven inside, courtesy of the CDC's own statistics.

This book provides a current, non-nerd approach to making the irrefutable case for premium firearm technology in the hands of the People. Though the numbers demonstrated inside prove the efficacy of a freedom-minded, pro-gun society, the concepts exemplified are timeless and the logic unassailably solid.

“Ah, that'll never happen here” has been the downfall of many individuals and many nations. Constitutional infringements bombard U.S. citizens from all angles. Gun control is a coup against the People and is deeply rooted in blatant racism that persists to this day- though insidious in application. “Gun Free Zones” aren't; only the “good citizen” abides by these magical imaginary boundaries, while criminals take advantage of the obedient.

AR-15s, machine guns, suppressors, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, handguns, the ATF, the National Firearms Act, the Gun Control Act, and all other gun control is addressed through a lens of freedom. The games played with citizen freedoms are highlighted. There is an easy-to-follow prescription for the average, below-average, and above-average citizen to transform into a competent modern home/family/community protector, complete with self-paced training schedule and priority equipment list.

What is happening, what is coming, and how to prepare intelligently are all solved unapologetically within this text."

*Per MedicmanDan, this posting location is approved.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]

this guy is

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
@NavyDoc1 wrote one several years back from what I remember. I believe the title was The Unbeliever.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dbnd:
@NavyDoc1 wrote one several years back from what I remember. I believe the title was The Unbeliever.

View Quote

That was my first published one.  I’ve got 4 on Amazon now. Kinda proud of my latest “Driving Bob East.”   Has a Guy Ritchie feel to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The sequel to "Door Number Three," titled "Doubling Down," comes out in June.

Will throw up an Amazon link when it drops.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By akrado:
JL Bourne has posted a few times years ago IIRC.  I like his book series, about zombie, AI TEOTWAWKI type stories.

Amazon page
View Quote

Damn, I'm a big fan of his work.  I'm always a day (years) late and a dollar short.  I enjoyed potters run and will be checking out book 2.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Taliban Safari

I recommend it
View Quote

Must have book!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:18:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#12]
I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet.   I read it; it was OK.
Gave it to wife to read and she disliked both of them so much she soon quit reading it.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SouthernYank:
Agreed and I enjoyed it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SouthernYank:
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Taliban Safari
I recommend it
Agreed and I enjoyed it
I just ordered it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:35:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#14]
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
That was my first published one.  I've got 4 on Amazon now. Kinda proud of my latest "Driving Bob East."   Has a Guy Ritchie feel to it.
View Quote
I mostly read non-fiction, but the description for that book sounds interesting.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top