BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't buy normal books. Mine are mostly Kuhnhausen technical manuals and Sweeney gun digest books from the early 2ks.  They stay in a bin for reference and nostalgia purposes.

I do receive a hefty amount of cookbooks (all my friends and family no I'm a cooking junky), and random history and suspense novels. Cookbooks I scroll through and make not of interesting recipes, then donate to local animal shelter thrift store. Novels and such I put in the free library boxes around my area.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I just sent a couple of books to a well known Arfcommer.  B/C f*ck the state. If I gave it to the school I could get a tax receipt but the Arfcommer would enjoy it more and actually read them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CB1:
sell them at half priced books.
View Quote

Done that a few times.  It's not worth the cost of gas to get there.  Fifty cents a book, maybe a buck for hardback.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Yard sale and then Goodwill.

I have a bunch of cop/street survival books that I will probably put on the EE soon.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Thought about boxing them and putting them in the garage but it gets 90+ in there in the summer.
View Quote

Ours are boxed up out in a metal shop building that gets well over 90 in the summer.  Not a one of 'em has complained.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#8]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

they will eventually fall apart due to those temps.  The glue deteriorates.

If you aren't using/reading them, it probably doesn't matter to you, but in case there's some in there that mean a lot...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midmo:

Ours are boxed up out in a metal shop building that gets well over 90 in the summer.  Not a one of 'em has complained.  

they will eventually fall apart due to those temps.  The glue deteriorates.

If you aren't using/reading them, it probably doesn't matter to you, but in case there's some in there that mean a lot...

Indeed.  But if the choice is between storing them and trashing them, even non-optimal conditions will get you years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Has anyone seen an update on this?

That cryptic post about "the end of my life" and no posts since....is worrisome.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BayEagle:
Damn.

@Tiempos_Peligrosos - you there Brother?

Has anyone seen an update on this?

That cryptic post about "the end of my life" and no posts since....is worrisome.

Pretty sure that message means what it says. I posted about him in the missing members thread, but I don't think anyone saw it (that's me being nice to compensate for them ignoring my concerns).

Rest easy, Tiempos.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top