Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2015 7:26:42 PM EDT
The sequel to One Second After will be hitting the shelves in September. One can preorder the new book through Amazon.

One Year After Hardcover  – September 15, 2015
by William R. Forstchen (Author)
http://www.amazon.com/One-Year-After-William-Forstchen/dp/0765376709

New York Times bestselling author William R. Forstchen brings a sequel to his hit novel One Second After. Months before publication, One Second After was cited on the floor of Congress as a book all Americans should read, a book discussed in the corridors of the Pentagon as a truly realistic look at the dangers of EMPs. An EMP is a weapon with the power to destroy the entire United States in a single act of terrorism, in a single second; indeed, it is a weapon that the Wall Street Journal warns could shatter America. In the tradition of On the Beach, Fail Safe and Testament, One Second After was a dire warning of what might be our future...and our end. Now, One Year After returns to the small town of Black Mountain, and the man who struggled so hard to rebuild it in the wake of devastation-John Matherson. It is a thrilling follow-up and should delight fans in every way.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Disappointing.  This means that I'll have to re-read One Second After prior to reading the new book.  

Wait a minute!!  What am I saying??  This is awesome!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
In for the audiobook on audible!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm so far behind the curve, just picked up One Second After this week.
Pretty good so far, makes me not want to go anywhere farther than my legs or bicycle can take me.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty good so far, makes me not want to go anywhere farther than my legs or bicycle can take me.

View Quote

Makes me glad I'm not diabetic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Can't WAIT to read this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have hypothyroidism, and without the meds, my face and hands and feet swell up, and eventually, I'll get sick enough that I'll die. So yeah, I got that going for me if the SHTF, teotwawki, etc.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll read it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Hells yeah
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking forward to it. Thanks for the alert.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad I visited the Book discussion and found this. I enjoyed one second after and have emailed my family about the new release. Cant wait.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
hopefully it'll be as good as one second after. which is a damn good read.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome thanks!
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I putting this one on my read list, too!

I think this is the same fellow that teamed up with Newt Gingrich to write some Revolutionary War novels.

TO TRY MEN'S SOULS

VALLEY FORGE

VICTORY AT YORKTOWN.

I acquired all three and just started reading TO TRY MEN"S SOULS on Sunday night and am half way through it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Definitely going to buy this and  add it to the book shelf.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Going to be a long wait to September...
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I putting this one on my read list, too!

I think this is the same fellow that teamed up with Newt Gingrich to write some Revolutionary War novels.

TO TRY MEN'S SOULS

VALLEY FORGE

VICTORY AT YORKTOWN.

I acquired all three and just started reading TO TRY MEN"S SOULS on Sunday night and am half way through it.
View Quote

It's the same guy.  He also wrote a series of Civil War novels with Newt.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Dang i never stop in this forum. Now i pop in and see this!  I just read one second after a couple weeks ago.   Can't WAIT for this new book!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I loaned my copy to several people.  No idea where it is now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I loaned my copy to several people.  No idea where it is now.
View Quote

That's easy, it's whichever of your friends is the most depressed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone finish this book yet? I am half way through it and its pretty good. Nothing as drastic as One second after, yet how could it be.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I finished it a couple of days ago. It is not too bad and I'd like to read a follow up. Obviously the book is heavily influenced by the attitude of the current administration.

I disagree with a lot of what he had effected by the EMP in the first book and he obviously does not have a good grasp of engineering many engineering topics but these are minor things and do not detract enough from the story for me to not enjoy it/recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd like to read a follow up.
View Quote

I think I remember in the preface him mentioning a third book is being released.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone finish this book yet? I am half way through it and its pretty good. Nothing as drastic as One second after, yet how could it be.
View Quote

Finished listening to the audiobook about a week ago. Was pretty good. Like was said above this book seems be influenced by the current administration. Obviously there will be a third book, don't recall if it was mentioned in the preface. I think he does take some liberties with the effects (or lack there of) of a wide spread EMP and with how long certain time sensitive consumables like fuel will last. There are a few other elements to the plot (which I won't go into so as to not spoil it for others) that I found a bit questionable. But it didn't detract from the story/plot too much.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#24]
I've read both One Second After and One Year After, enjoyed them both.  I need to get a of Day of Wrath.

Hking
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've read both One Second After and One Year After, enjoyed them both.  I need to get a of Day of Wrath.

Hking
View Quote

Its certainly an eye opener. If you want I will send my copy to you if you will get it back to me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#26]
NoEffects6, thank you for the very kind offer but I'll just grab it off Amazon.  Shipping from Washington to Texas and then the reverse probably costs twice what the book costs.  

Best Regards,
Hking

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Just finished One Year After. I enjoyed it. The BBC radio broadcast at the end was good, damn near fired me up.  

Also in the preface he indeed does mention a third book coming out soon.

Bad photo
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought it was very good,definitely gives you a lot to think about.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top