Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2014 5:15:25 PM EDT
I'm tempted to start through them again.

Probably the best hilarious historical fiction ever written

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually i like to reading book. i hope this book will be good for reading.  What edition you have found now ?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]

I've read them all. There are 13 books in the series.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Flashman is awesome.

I'm surprised at how relatively unkown the series is.

The author also wrote a book on his history in Burma in WW2. Definitely worth the read. He also wrote a fictionalized account of life in a Scot regiment in north africa after the war. Also a good read.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm. I recall this question.

I think these were 'on the top shelf' when I was a kid. So, no.

Ebook versions out there? I'm not paying $25 for $1.75 paperbacks. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Am I correct in surmising that these are not stories of the adventures of a guy in a trenchcoat at various school yards, parks, zoos, and the like?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never gotten around to reading Flashman, but I will eventually. They aren't common in used book stores, so I never really see them for sale.
I did read the American homage to Flashman. Can't recall the character or author's name, but he was an American officer in Cuba, during the Spanish American War. It was a pretty good read.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top