Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 10:52:47 PM EDT
This is my first time reading it, but the movie is one of my favorites. I've heard that it takes a few readings to get ahold of Kesey's style, so I'm naturally a little confused.
Why the hell did Henry's dad take all of the family's money and leave? All I can gather is that the strain of frontier living was too much?

Why did Myra marry Henry, when the book made great pains to describe how awkward and pathetic he seemed in comparison to her other suitors? Was it simply rebellion against her family/lifestyle? Leland describes her as a beatnik....

What did Joe Ben's dad do to instill such fear in his son? Was it just the fact that he was a lothario and Joby wanted to be a settled man?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Any relation to the Paul Newman movie

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. It was written about a decade before the movie came out. Ironically enough, it mentions a Paul Newman movie at one point.

Politics aside, he is my favorite actor of all time. He had some great roles.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top