Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 2:27:07 AM EDT
Which book about Abe Lincoln...

This stack of books is located across from the Fords Theater in the home where Lincoln died.

8 feet in diameter and 3-4 stories high!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Lincoln Jenga
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeez, is there anything we don't know about that man?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you know that Linclon was Jewish?

He was shot in the temple.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd hate to be hit by a book falling off the top of that stack.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Last one I read was The Physical Lincoln, by Dr. John Sotos. Dr. Sotos goes over Lincoln's medical history, examining his death mask, life mask, casts of his hands, comments/observations by folks who met the President, as well as extensive examination of photographic evidence.  His conclusion is that Abe  had multiple endocrine neoplast Type II B cancer.  Abe had a year to live and would have wasted away in bed  had not Booth assassinated him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
There have also been a couple of books about Abraham Lincoln claiming to have proof that he was gay, and that his wife Mary Todd Lincoln was just his beard.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:11:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There have also been a couple of books about Abraham Lincoln claiming to have proof that he was gay, and that his wife Mary Todd Lincoln was just his beard.
View Quote

The folks who wrote those books are ghey with an agenda.  If they can prove that an icon was sympathetic to their cause, then it legitimizes them.  Those writers discovered nothing new that historians didn't know already about Abe. Men sleeping in bed with other men was not a sexual thing.  Remember they didn't have good heating or insulation back then.  It was about warmth.  If you stayed at a roadside tavern and got a place to sleep, you may be sleeping with a bunch of strangers.  If you got up to use the chamber pot, someone could take your spot on the bed and you wound up on their spot on the floor.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Which book about Abe Lincoln...

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/YaMaMa315/Mobile%20Uploads/F1B20FF9-F2C9-453D-A945-DC144B78B94F_zpsrlfbytft.jpg

This stack of books is located across from the Fords Theater in the home where Lincoln died.

8 feet in diameter and 3-4 stories high!
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, OP...where did you hear that picture was inside the house where Lincoln died? Googling "house where Lincoln died" led me to The Peterson House.  You are telling me that the house pictured on Wikipedia and the Park Service website looks like that on the inside? I'm asking because I've never been there. Not trying to crap on your thread, but I find it hard to believe.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I recall of the Peterson house, yes.  NPS is one of my favorite gubmint agencies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife and I just toured Ford's Theater and the Petersen House this morning. The tower of books is in the Center for Education which is attached to the Petersen house.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife and I just toured Ford's Theater and the Petersen House this morning. The tower of books is in the Center for Education which is attached to the Petersen house.
View Quote

Got it, I just couldn't imagine that tower being inside the building pictured on the NPS website. Thanks for the clarification, thread derail over!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Wasn't he a Vampire Slayer in his yute ?
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top