Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2013 2:35:54 PM EDT
With the anniversary coming up and all the news about it, are they any books that you guys recommend?  I'm not terribly interested in conspiracy books.  Are there any impartial ones that are good, no matter how dry they are?
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The classic is "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner:

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Closed-Harvey-Oswald-Assassination-ebook/dp/B00F3QYGAG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384917431&sr=1-1&keywords=case+closed

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I just added it to my Amazon cart.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm currently reading the one by Stephen Hunter "The Third Bullet".   Not too bad.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Some old school reading here:
High Treason, High Treason 2 and Killing the Truth by Harrison Edward Livingstone
Crossfire by Jim Marrs
On the Trail of the Assassins by Jim Garrison
Contract on America by David E Scheim
Best Evidence by David S Lifton
The Texas Connection by Craig I Zirbel
Mortal Error by Bonar Menninger
The Man on the Grassy Knoll by John Craig & Philip Rogers
The Ruby Coverup by Seth Kantor
The Final Assassination Report from the House Select Committee on Assissinations.

I recommend the books from Livingstone, Garrison, Marrs, and Lifton.  The House Committee also goes into the killing of MLK a bit too.

Also after reading all these books you won't know what to think about this anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've started on The Third Bullet for the second time in a month. Great read and very convincing theory.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want a good minute by minute account read " Four days in November", by Vincent Bugliosi. Has alot of info on Oswalds interrogation that I have never read before.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you want a good minute by minute account read " Four days in November", by Vincent Bugliosi. Has alot of info on Oswalds interrogation that I have never read before.
View Quote
Did they change the title to Parkland?

Link Posted: 2/18/2014 2:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
American Tabloid, by J Ellroy
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi,
Ditto on the "Third Bullet".  It's fiction but has a lot of factual background info.  Although I like all of Stephen Hunters books.
Rick
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Liked this one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Check out " The Death of A President" , by William Manchester. Excellent account of the Assassination soon after it happened. it kind of refreshing reading some of these older books, as opposed to the super derpy conspiracy books. For the record, I'm a lone nutter.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top