BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Great book I read it I kind of hope the rest go free.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Just wanted to say thanks to Ilbob for all of his awesome posts in this thread. Thanks to the other posters as well, but especially ilbob
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just wanted to say thanks to Ilbob for all of his awesome posts in this thread. Thanks to the other posters as well, but especially ilbob
View Quote

+1!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1!
+2

You guys have given me a backlog of reading material that I may never conquer.  
On a side note, whogasak hasn't logged in since June.  I hope everything is ok.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
+2

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1!
+2

+lots
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#14]
It can't be said enough.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, thanks to all...

I got a Kindle for Christmas, so....timely thread!

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going through withdrawals here, man. Don't make me go look myself! That's, that's, that's just MEAN!  

(Seriously, thanks for doing this.)
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Capone: A Photographic Portrait of America's Most Notorious Gangster

http://www.amazon.com/Capone-Photographic-Portrait-Americas-Notorious-ebook/dp/B008O6AN54/

Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century

http://www.amazon.com/Nikola-Tesla-Imagination-Invented-Century-ebook/dp/B00CATSONE/

A Garland for Ashes: World War II, the Holocaust, and One Jewish Survivor's Long Journey to Forgiveness

http://www.amazon.com/Garland-Ashes-Holocaust-Survivors-Forgiveness-ebook/dp/B00E02IYU2

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm going through withdrawals here, man. Don't make me go look myself! That's, that's, that's just MEAN!  

(Seriously, thanks for doing this.)
View Quote

I looked: some repeats, and nothing else that interested me. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

The 1st of the series Nobel beginnings is a must read. If possible before the one you posted.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The 1st of the series Nobel beginnings is a must read. If possible before the one you posted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks. I didn't realize there was one before it. I'm enjoying Season One.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#23]
For those who picked up the C.R.O.W. (The Union Series)  book free a few weeks ago comes another free Kindle ebbook in that series.

LANCEJACK (The Union Series)
By Phillip Richards  

Book Description
Publication Date: March 22, 2013

Andy Moralee is no longer the young and terrified recruit who had last set foot upon New Earth two years ago. Decorated for his bravery during the final hours of the invasion and promoted to lance corporal, he is still troubled by his memories and haunted by nightmares. He finds himself unable to cope with life back on Earth, and so he returns to the red planet, the only place where he feels he belongs.

But New Earth has changed as well. A growing insurgency threatens to turn the planet into a battleground once again, but this time the enemy has the ability to melt away into the population, and even turn the Union's weapons against them. Nobody can be trusted, even old friends.

Quickly swept up in the gathering storm Andy finds himself in the command of a section that resents his early promotion, and during the battle that follows his leadership, his loyalty, and even his faith in his comrades are put to the ultimate test in the face of an enemy that will stop at nothing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Collapse by Richard Stephenson is free until February 5th.

I highly recommend it and the sequel. No link, I'm on my phone.

BOOK ONE in the NEW AMERICA series.

What would it take for the United States to fall from within? In a not too distant future, America is put to the test. With the American people deep in The Second Great Depression and two of the most powerful hurricanes on record to contend with, the United States is in no condition to deal with hidden terrorists on its soil, maniacal politicians, and the most formidable military threat the world has seen since the Third Reich.  

This is the story of three men from three very different walks of life: Howard Beck, the world's richest man, also diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome; Richard Dupree, ex-Navy SEAL turned escaped convict; and Maxwell Harris, a crippled, burned-out chief of police of a small Texas town. At first, they must overcome their own struggles and fight for their survival against impossible odds. In the end, the unlikely trio must band together to save their beloved country from COLLAPSE.

Empires topple. Nations crumble. Civilization is fragile. In 2027, America will fall.

BOOK TWO in the New America series, entitled "Resistance" is available now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#25]
quite an assortment today

military scifi
thrillers
two gardening books
homesteading
and a bio of a doctor working in a supermax prison

here is a hot link to the previous post's book Collapse (New America-Book One)

It has been free several times before. I don't recall that I ever got around to reading it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#26]
again, thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Collapse by Richard Stephenson is free until February 5th.

I highly recommend it and the sequel. No link, I'm on my phone.

BOOK ONE in the NEW AMERICA series.

What would it take for the United States to fall from within? In a not too distant future, America is put to the test. With the American people deep in The Second Great Depression and two of the most powerful hurricanes on record to contend with, the United States is in no condition to deal with hidden terrorists on its soil, maniacal politicians, and the most formidable military threat the world has seen since the Third Reich.  

This is the story of three men from three very different walks of life: Howard Beck, the world's richest man, also diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome; Richard Dupree, ex-Navy SEAL turned escaped convict; and Maxwell Harris, a crippled, burned-out chief of police of a small Texas town. At first, they must overcome their own struggles and fight for their survival against impossible odds. In the end, the unlikely trio must band together to save their beloved country from COLLAPSE.

Empires topple. Nations crumble. Civilization is fragile. In 2027, America will fall.

BOOK TWO in the New America series, entitled "Resistance" is available now.
View Quote

So it is about 3 arfcommers?  

Sorry, couldn't resist.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Just finished "Noble Intentions".  Ugh.. Felt like it was conceived and written by a fifth-grader.  It was like the plots of five Jack Reacher books condensed down into a readers digest format.  Jack Noble kills some guys, then travels and kills some guys, then kills some more guys.  Bad guys pop up every chapter with no credible back story.  Then suddenly it ends.  No particular climax or resolution to the plot, just reached X number of words and it's over, to be continued in the next thrilling book.

Still, I read the whole thing, so I guess it was entertaining on a basic level.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just finished "Noble Intentions".  Ugh.. Felt like it was conceived and written by a fifth-grader.  It was like the plots of five Jack Reacher books condensed down into a readers digest format.  Jack Noble kills some guys, then travels and kills some guys, then kills some more guys.  Bad guys pop up every chapter with no credible back story.  Then suddenly it ends.  No particular climax or resolution to the plot, just reached X number of words and it's over, to be continued in the next thrilling book.

View Quote

Heh. Plot's easy; details are the hard part!
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:31:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

not a bad description.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

not a bad description.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not a bad description.

Yeah, it was painful to read but oddly somewhat entertaining. I'll probably give another in the series a shot.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, it was painful to read but oddly somewhat entertaining. I'll probably give another in the series a shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not a bad description.

I usually prefer something more plausible, but for whatever reason I liked the book. I run into books like that from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Tag on this
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#42]
It looks like Bob is taking a break so I went and found a couple that looked fun.

Zombie goodness

Undercover crime drama

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It looks like Bob is taking a break so I went and found a couple that looked fun.

Zombie goodness

Undercover crime drama

View Quote

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#44]
a WWII spy thriller

Not much to post about on the top 100 free list the last couple of days. just nothing that jumped out at me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 5:37:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 38
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top