Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 9:12:49 PM EDT
     Sometimes you beat the bushes for your newest axe, sometimes it drops in your lap...Picked up a nice 2001 LP Standard today.  Band mate that I haven't jammed with since January hit me on Facebook and asked if I knew anyone interested in buying some guitars as he was liquidating some gear as he'll have three kids in college and needing vehicles come fall.  He said the magic words "Les Paul Standard" and he dropped her off today.Desert BurstAAA Flamed topGraphtek saddlesTone Pro locking bridgeDuncan JB/Custom pickupsNice & heavy.I'm in love...
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice axe! Definitely love me a Lester....
congrats!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Beauty
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice, congrats!

I really wish that Gibson still put white binding on the LP Standard. The cream binding just looks.....off. The white on yours looks much better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice, congrats!

I really wish that Gibson still put white binding on the LP Standard. The cream binding just looks.....off. The white on yours looks much better.
View Quote
They are all about making them look old with the fake aged  bindings anymore. I wonder what they will look like when they do get old. Nice guitar OP.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are all about making them look old with the fake aged  bindings anymore. I wonder what they will look like when they do get old. Nice guitar OP.
View Quote
Yeah, I know. It doesn't look good though. Just fake, like you say
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!  Looks like a close twin to my '07 Standard... mine has covered p'ups, but other than that I had to do a doubletake.
I hope you enjoy your Standard as much as I love mine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Duncans.  I'm loving it so far. 
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Was told when I bought this that it had Duncan's in it,  he thought he put in a JB/Jazz or a Custom/Jazz combo in her.

Found out this week, he was wrong.....look what lurks within...
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was told when I bought this that it had Duncan's in it,  he thought he put in a JB/Jazz or a Custom/Jazz combo in her.

https://media.fotki.com/2v2u8ofhjxHEa4.jpg
View Quote
I really like the burst on your guitar. The Alnico II Pros are a nice sounding pickup. A Les Paul with Slash pickups through that JCM 800 in the earlier pictures should bring out some familiar tones. How long did it take until you started playing Night Train?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://media.fotki.com/2v2u8ofhjxHEa4.jpg
View Quote
Nice find
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 2:58:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I really like the burst on your guitar. The Alnico II Pros are a nice sounding pickup. A Les Paul with Slash pickups through that JCM 800 in the earlier pictures should bring out some familiar tones. How long did it take until you started playing Night Train?
View Quote
Let's just say the tones sounded...."familiar" [\arfcomGD] ;-)
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was thinking the same thing, only it was Welcome To The Jungle and Sweet Child O Mine. I was thinking that when I first saw the LP and JCM 800 pic (even before the Slash pickups). Though I suppose that a Jubilee would be the fully correct amp for that.

Nice score OP. And nice amp. I had a 2203X several years ago and it was great amp. Sounded awesome with my OCD in front. I've moved on to various Friedman amps, but I still wouldn't mind having the Marshall hanging around.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#14]
It actually looks a bit more Slash-like now.  I put amber top hats  on her, and pointers, because, why not....

The 800 is great with either an OCD, a TS, or even the lowly SD-1 in the chain....it is rock.  I may drag the old Rat pedal out and give her a shot.

The Paul sounds great through all the amps I've tried here at the house so far, 800, DSL50, 5150II, Laney Protube with a Browneye mod, Boogie, even the GK ML250.   Maybe this weekend I'll break out the Vibrolux Reverb...hmm....
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It actually looks a bit more Slash-like now.  I put amber top hats  on her, and pointers, because, why not....

The 800 is great with either an OCD, a TS, or even the lowly SD-1 in the chain....it is rock.  I may drag the old Rat pedal out and give her a shot.

The Paul sounds great through all the amps I've tried here at the house so far, 800, DSL50, 5150II, Laney Protube with a Browneye mod, Boogie, even the GK ML250.   Maybe this weekend I'll break out the Vibrolux Reverb...hmm....
View Quote
Ok, now you guys are just showing off with all the amps... JCM800, DSL, 5150, Friedman.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Very Nice Score
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok, now you guys are just showing off with all the amps... JCM800, DSL, 5150, Friedman.
View Quote
Join the club!!!

Btw... I had a nice used JCM2000 DSL50 head several years ago that I spent like $500 on. That was one of the best values that I've ever had. Besides the Splawn Quickrod halfstack that I picked-up used for $850 about 3 years ago. I still own it, though it's sitting on consignment at my buddy's shop, because my Friedman BE100 and new Wildwood Taco are scratching the Marshall itch very well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Join the club!!!

Btw... I had a nice used JCM2000 DSL50 head several years ago that I spent like $500 on. That was one of the best values that I've ever had. Besides the Splawn Quickrod halfstack that I picked-up used for $850 about 3 years ago. I still own it, though it's sitting on consignment at my buddy's shop, because my Friedman BE100 and new Wildwood Taco are scratching the Marshall itch very well.
View Quote
Lack of funds and talent keep me from looking at buying one of the big boy rigs like the Friedman, Mesa or JVM/JCM. I'll just drool over the pics and sound bites out there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lack of funds and talent keep me from looking at buying one of the big boy rigs like the Friedman, Mesa or JVM/JCM. I'll just drool over the pics and sound bites out there.
View Quote
Of you have lousy credit, Zzounds and American Musical Supply will finance mote folks on a 12 payment plan with no interest for some nice gear. It's how I bought my '16 Les Paul & Line 6 Helix. And if you have good credit, Sweetwater routinely runs 36 payments with no interest on gear.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Join the club!!!

View Quote
JCM2000 DSL 50 is a superb head without question.  It has held it's own against JCM800 and 900s in my home.  It may very well be the best Marshall head in the past few decades.  The only 'better' Marhsall head I have ever played is a true Plexi.  DSL-50 Uber Alles.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Of you have lousy credit, Zzounds and American Musical Supply will finance mote folks on a 12 payment plan with no interest for some nice gear. It's how I bought my '16 Les Paul & Line 6 Helix. And if you have good credit, Sweetwater routinely runs 36 payments with no interest on gear.
View Quote
Yup... That's how I get some of my high end stuff. 36-48 month no interest cards with Sweetwater and Musicians Friend.

I also have a long standing 1 year no interest deal with my local shop. I've spent probably $35-50K+ with the guy who runs it over the past 28 years... so they send stuff home with me to try all the time, and if I like it I just keep it and make whatever payments I can. I'm one of just a couple of guys with that deal though,  because of my long standing loyalty and dependability. They treat me very well. I also jump in and help out on Saturdays occasionally and update their web site as needed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh I know about the deals from AMS and Sweetwater. That's how I ended up with my Les Paul's and DSL40C. It's more of the lack of ability right now than the money. I have equipment far better than I can play. I need to grow into a much better player before I can start really chasing amp tones. But I will still drool over and compliment the really incredible collections you guys have.

By the way, Happy New Year to everyone.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't let lack of ability hold you back from your dream toanz....I never have lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't let lack of ability hold you back from your dream toanz....I never have lol
View Quote
This!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top