Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 2:18:38 PM EDT
I have some amps, etc I am considering selling, as I simply do not use them anymore. #1 son has quit playing and doesn't seem to want them, so tuff, kid. Out they go! I'll probably use the funds toward something else (lol the Thompson is paid for). Thinking about one of those Wildwood J45s to compliment the Thompson and Martin.

What would you sell or not sell?
NOTE: not an ad, selling these to local friends and players I know, for fair but lower than vintage value. NOT AN AD. I would never ship an amp anyway, too many horror stories.
"66 Fender Pro Reverb
"66 Fender Bassman (head only)
"65 Fender Deluxe Reverb
"64 Gibson Falcon
Late-60s (silver) Fender champ amp
Clark Tyger (high-end repro of "58 tweed Fender Bandmaster 3-10")
Modded-by-me Blues Jr that I call "my little Deluxe Reverb killer" and resulted in me having to mod about 4-5 more for friends!

misc stuff:
blackface style Avatar 2-12" cab with WGS BL 80's
Fender Vibratone (Leslie 18 w/Fender branding) cabinet

All Fenders are blackface except the champ and are in good to ex player condition. These aren't pristine pieces for collector queers, no. I could still move this gear pretty fast.

I have a tweed Deluxe clone I personally made that I use 99% of the time, as it sounds killer, records well, and is loud enough for any local blues gigs/partys that I might play. The Clark I am probably also keeping, as it is not a vintage amp and the most expensive. Not to mention it is the best sounding amp I have ever owned. I'm thinking keep the tweed clones and sell everything else.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep the bassman head. I have a '66 as well. Fucking killer amp.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep:
"66 Fender Pro Reverb
"66 Fender Bassman (head only)
"65 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That was fast - just sold the Deluxe Reverb to a friend who plays in a local blues band for $1200. He has 3 of them now! Back in the day I think I paid $450 for it used.

Credge is right about the Bassman, and those are relatively easy to find and not exactly in hot demand, so I'll keep the 2 tweeds and the bassman head w/Avatar cab, and of course keep the 65 Reverb tank since none of these have reverb. Everything else goes.

The Pro Reverb I am going to miss, because that is a very good combo amp for club gigs; the 2 12" give your low E some real grunt, it gets the "Texas" tone with a strat very well. The Vibratone Leslie always was kind of a gimmick, a one trick pony, but I see they are going for top dollar on Reverb.com, so maybe someone will want it. At one time I was thinking of starting a studio, and I would keep all these for "house" amps, but I'm getting too near retirement age to fool with that, being realistic.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you gig regularly?  If not, I'd keep the champ and call it a day.  Maybe the Blues Jr. if you're that happy w/ the mods.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I jam with friends and sometimes fill in on guitar on the occasional gig. I collected all this gear over the past 25 years, don't see the point in keeping it all anymore. Need some funds for other indulgences, like dropping a new engine in my old Land Cruiser.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep the deluxe reverb and sell everything else.  With the right pedal you can literally play any style of music except for modern underbite metal with it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I know what a DR can do as I've owned one for 20 years. As I posted already, the DR is gone. I don't miss it. Great amp that I played many a blues bar gig with. Even loaned it to Sean Costello for a few weeks while I fixed up his DR. (RIP Sean )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top