Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 10:14:27 PM EDT

Probably the best playing and sounding guitar I've ever played. Even with high gain the note clarity and chord definition is through the roof. The coil tapped single coils are powerful and spanky and can get Hendrix and Law and Order style guitar. The humbuckers are powerful, the neck is fast, the sustain is unreal, and it's just a pretty guitar overall.

ETA: Will record some stuff tonight.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome. Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice, congrats!
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Rob has spent a lot of time and effort to deliver a very high quality instrument for a working man's price. There are some models I would love to try out but nobody carries them.. Very nice guitar OP. Who did you buy from.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Rob has spent a lot of time and effort to deliver a very high quality instrument for a working man's price. There are some models I would love to try out but nobody carries them.. Very nice guitar OP. Who did you buy from.
View Quote
Riff City. They set it up perfectly and there was a cookie, too.

I need to put slightly bigger strings on it as I'm tuned down to D standard. Otherwise it's perfect.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Very Nice

I was checking out one of their tele models that looked pretty nice (and it was cheap)

but decided to build a jazzcaster/telemaster instead.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

...but decided to build a jazzcaster/telemaster instead.
View Quote
You'd be a step ahead of Rob Chapman.  Everything I can find out about the guy is that he is really an importer, not a builder. 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You'd be a step ahead of Rob Chapman.  Everything I can find out about the guy is that he is really an importer, not a builder. 
View Quote
Yep, and he's upfront about it. World Musical Instrument Company in Korea makes them for him. IIRC, that's also who makes Korean built Schecter and ESP/LTD guitars, amongst others.

And IIRC, Chapman also came out with a  cheaper Indonesian built line. Probably the same place that makes Indonesian Jackson, Ibanez, and other brands.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]
FWIW, these are his designs and specs.

Masterful guitars.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FWIW, these are his designs and specs.

Masterful guitars.
View Quote
Yep, WMIC, makes guitars to whatever specs a customer wants. Customers being guitar brands/companies, that is. My Schecter JL7 was made there too. They do good work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top