Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2017 5:54:55 AM EDT
Anyone have a clue what this guitar is worth?  Looking to sell mine and am not sure what I should be asking.  Attachment Attached File

Edit to add:   Made in 2004
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
My information says that the DCME was only made from 1996 to1998. Has plywood back and sides with a solid top. The ones I see for sale range from $400 to $850 depending on the condition..these are asking prices. They were not well loved when new and it would seem that has continued. Lots of information on the internet. I would suggest looking into it. I found all this out in about 5 min.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw some of that info, but based on serial number mine was def made in 2004.   There is a lot of misinformation around DC and DCME, so was hoping someone here could help out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw some of that info, but based on serial number mine was def made in 2004.   There is a lot of misinformation around DC and DCME, so was hoping someone here could help out.
View Quote
The DC series spans many years but the DCME is listed for only that short 90's time frame. I have a DCPA4 that I bought new 5 years ago.

https://www.guitar-list.com/martin/acoustic-guitars/martin-d-dreadnought-series
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it possible that serial numbers are made differently for DCME.  This one is 998xxx which shows made in 2004 based on Martin website
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it possible that serial numbers are made differently for DCME.  This one is 998xxx which shows made in 2004 based on Martin website
View Quote
You can call Martin and talk to them . They are really nice people up there in PA.
To shed a little light on Martin's models the D refers to body style. The C means it has a cutaway. On models that are offered in both electric and just acoustic the E refers to guitars with electronics on board. The M would refer to the model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top