Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2017 11:11:10 AM EDT
I have a line on a Fender Deville 4x10 for what looks to be a decent price $325-
Is that a deal and what should I look for?

I'm a novice just getting back into guitar after a very long absence (13 years).

The deville is too big for me, only reason I'm looking at it is the price looks really great and my end goal is to trade it or sell it and get a smaller, better combo (maybe in th 1x15 or 2x12 range max)
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If the amp checks out I would jump on it then flip it later or trade for something else.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes good price!, looks like they go for $400-600 used on Reverb. A new one is $949.
but if it needs new tubes figure $75-100.
older versions are Made in USA, newer amps Mexico I think.
If its a USA Tweed version I would buy it for that price.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I would jump on it for that price if it checks out ok. If it is a USA jump quick.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a Deluxe USA made for $425?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:24:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about a Deluxe USA made for $425?
View Quote

That's what I have (among many), people love them and hate them, still a loud amp
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a steal for that DeVille. Check the jacks, that's the weak point on the fender Hot Rod series in general.

And you don't need to trade it for a 1x15. The 4x10 models are perfect for a 1x15 conversion. Remove the amp chassis (be very careful to not touch the internals, some of the capacitors have 400+ volts in them), stock speakers and front baffle (this is stupidly easy), replace the front baffle with a 1x15 baffle (easy to make yourself), install the 15 of your choice, reinstall the chassis, done. Then sell the 10s and the stock baffle to pay for the upgrade. And I'll have to add that I'm a little jealous, because I've been looking for a deal on a 4x10 DeVille to do exactly what I described above.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a steal for that DeVille. Check the jacks, that's the weak point on the fender Hot Rod series in general.

And you don't need to trade it for a 1x15. The 4x10 models are perfect for a 1x15 conversion. Remove the amp chassis (be very careful to not touch the internals, some of the capacitors have 400+ volts in them), stock speakers and front baffle (this is stupidly easy), replace the front baffle with a 1x15 baffle (easy to make yourself), install the 15 of your choice, reinstall the chassis, done. Then sell the 10s and the stock baffle to pay for the upgrade. And I'll have to add that I'm a little jealous, because I've been looking for a deal on a 4x10 DeVille to do exactly what I described above.
View Quote

I'm supposed to go meet the guy on Tuesday night. I'll report back.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
So I ended up buying the 4x10 DeVille. It's a Mexico one, not US but I still got it for a great price.
Cosmetically perfect- came with the foot switch that looks new (guy says he never used it).
The jewel light wasn't working so I have a new jewel (purple) and bulb on the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top