Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2016 11:37:48 PM EDT
This would be a cool guitar to clone but i can not find any pictures or info on the gutiar. Looks like a telecaster with the Alabama flag and Bocephus on it but its hard to tell.
The gutiar did not fall off the mountain because this was shorty after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd9OkjATHwI
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks and sounds like a Tele. Has that twang like a Tele does plus that chrome section for the knobs and stuff and the classic Fender head at the top of the fret board.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
His amp has the same theme when it's briefly shown.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't find anything either, but yep, that looks like a white Tele with the red St Andrew's Cross of the Alabama State Flag painted on it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I cant tell if the red is painted or tape on the guitar, some shots look like there is overlap where it crosses at the pickguard and one screw that is not covered.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
0:42 I'd bet on it being tape. It doesn't match the body & pick guard contour at that lower horn.

Here's a quick screen cap of another closeup:
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
0:42 I'd bet on it being tape. It doesn't match the body & pick guard contour at that lower horn.

Here's a quick screen cap of another closeup:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/sleepdr/Guitar/5c354a3dae460e94bea19527dfee359f_zpse0tjt1xj.jpg
View Quote

That's either a paint-job I can clone myself and I am not a good painter, or tape.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]
When watching the video it seemed to look like that neck pick up was really low and I was like wow.  But the picture makes it look a little higher than I thought.

Scratch that, the later solo shows it a bit better or something.  

I like a white / white tele.  The red stripes donothing for it, IMHO.   But I like a rosewood fretboard.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When watching the video it seemed to look like that neck pick up was really low and I was like wow.  But the picture makes it look a little higher than I thought.

I like a white / white tele.  The red stripes donothing for it, IMHO.   But I like a rosewood fretboard.
View Quote

As someone born and raised in the South I thought you should be made aware that remarks not loudly worshipful, or at least in hushed respectful tones, regarding Hank Jr (or Sr... and the 3rd as well in younger circles) are commonly regarded as fighting words and can result in getting ones ass kicked.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hank Williams was from Alabama, so he was making a statement about his heritage by putting a red St Andrews Cross on a white guitar.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As someone born and raised in the South I thought you should be made aware that remarks not loudly worshipful, or at least in hushed respectful tones, regarding Hank Jr (or Sr... and the 3rd as well in younger circles) are commonly regarded as fighting words and can result in getting ones ass kicked.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it's a good thing I didn't lead into that with my Hank Williams Jr. story.  Which I apologize for not giving the man the respect expected.  My wife is from Alabama, so maybe that wins me some points.  However, when I was a young man and heavily into the music scene, I saw a band called "The Magnolias" at a bar and thought they had a pretty good sound, at the time.  One of their songs was "Die Hank Jr."  Seriously.  The chorus said "You're making your father, roll over in his grave".  

I really have no clue what that was all about.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#11]
the Cross is definitely red tape

I used to have black electrical tape on a white strat back in the day, cause I knew these guys
bass player had white tape on a black bass

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the guitar sounded kinda dead in the higher range. That might be why he did not use long?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#13]
The tape doesn't let the wood "breathe" through the nitrocellulose, killing the higher frequencies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw him play a few weeks ago in the middle of nowhere Tennessee. Great show and I've seen worse tele' people have cloned.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The tape doesn't let the wood "breathe" through the nitrocellulose, killing the higher frequencies.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 4:54:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

No No No....you have it all wrong...the tension of the tape pulling the wood fibers together is damping the free secondary harmonics resulting in a muting of the upper frequencies......

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No No No....you have it all wrong...the tension of the tape pulling the wood fibers together is damping the free secondary harmonics resulting in a muting of the upper frequencies......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa, you're right. I totally forgot about that. The only acceptable adhesive is hide-glue based, preferably from endangered cloven hoof mammals.  That tape probably has a lot of synthetic polymer that resonates 180 degrees out of phase with all musically acceptable harmonics.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well it's a good thing I didn't lead into that with my Hank Williams Jr. story.  Which I apologize for not giving the man the respect expected.  My wife is from Alabama, so maybe that wins me some points.  However, when I was a young man and heavily into the music scene, I saw a band called "The Magnolias" at a bar and thought they had a pretty good sound, at the time.  One of their songs was "Die Hank Jr."  Seriously.  The chorus said "You're making your father, roll over in his grave".  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I shoud have used more smilies to indicate that my post wasn't serious.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well good, I was hoping I wouldn't make any enemies by sharing that story.  I really have no clue either way.  I'm not sure would've even known a Hank Williams Jr. song at the time I heard that band.  I know I didn't like country and western music back then.  It's still not my favorite but I can respect it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Rounded corners on the heel of the neck does not look quite right for a Fender telecaster, maybe for a vintage one.  I cannot make out the logo, but that could either be Fender, Squier, or custom for HWjr.

My guess it's a 1963 or 64 vintage telecaster with the headstock logo changed out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rounded corners on the heel of the neck does not look quite right for a Fender telecaster, maybe for a vintage one.  I cannot make out the logo, but that could either be Fender, Squier, or custom for HWjr.

My guess it's a 1963 or 64 vintage telecaster with the headstock logo changed out.
View Quote

Squire guitars didn't exist before 1982.

Round neck heal is typical for a stock guitar.

Unless it's a very accurate copy it's a vintage Fender.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Squire guitars never existed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top