Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2016 3:03:51 PM EDT
This thing puts regular Jaguars to shame. Has a 4 way pickup switch like a tele. Changed the switching up top to brightness dimmers for when you run the pickups in series. Can really get a lot of sound out of these things.

I was at the right place at the right time when I snagged this. Only 250 made. Pretty stoked

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that's beautiful.  I played a lot of tele's but only 1 of them had a 4 way switch.  It had the mod with the funky wiring, I forget what it's called.  But a standard tele is just 3 way.  Neck, both and Bridge.  At least that's how I remember it.  I don't have any more teles.

I never liked Jazz's or Mustangs because I always hit the switches while strumming. (Same with Les Pauls, although I had two of those, epiphone.  One of them I just taped the switch to the neck pick up because I mostly used that and then I wouldn't hit the switch one way or the other.  LOL)  The Jazzmaster will scratch you up real good if you're a strummer.  However, I loved the way the felt and played otherwise.  Typically speaking.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like most places have them for sale. I would like this white one..

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wow, that's beautiful.  I played a lot of tele's but only 1 of them had a 4 way switch.  It had the mod with the funky wiring, I forget what it's called.

<snip>
View Quote
Most people refer to that as the Waylon Jennings mod, because he used it quite a bit. A 4 way switch with one of the positions flipping the polarity of one of the pickups.

And, OP, congrats! Those aren't my thing, but it sounds like you got a good deal on it.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like most places have them for sale. I would like this white one..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-johnny-marr-jaguar-electric-guitar

View Quote

yeah they just hit the open market, only 250 made though according to Mr. Marr
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
EXCELLENT SCORE!

I almost went out of my mind when they released the Marr in Sherwood Green.
The black with black guard is stunning.
I really love the switching as well as the lower output Bareknuckle Pickups in the Marr model.
Such a great guitar!
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Marr does some cool things in conjunction with Fender. Congrats OP
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never bonded with a Jaguar before... but that looks great.
Might have to see if either of the local shops have one on the racks, the mods vs standard make that appealing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top