Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 2:38:22 PM EDT
I mostly play electric, but I keep a few acoustics on hand to entertain the kids at bedtime or just picking on the porch.  

I've had this one for a few years and out of all my guitars, it's probably my favorite.  It's a Larrivée L-03 Bubinga with a spruce top and sounds wonderful.  I'm a big fan of this size guitar.

Before I bought this, I was pretty much a Martin snob, but the Larrivée is a bit brighter all around without sounding to "Taylor-ish."  

Anyway, I rarely see any Larrivée guitars around and thought I'd post it up to see if any other folks here liked these Canadian acoustics.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Great post.
Owner...no...fan yes. They still make some models in

Canada. They shifted a lot of production to their US facility

some years back, I think it is in Washington state with some of the other big buck makers.

The only dealer close to me is a three and a half hour drive away and they

keep odd hours...high end dealer too...you won't find anything there under a grand up to the sky is the limit. If it wasn't for the drive I would probably have one, I won't drop 2+K on a guitar without playing it first.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Larrivees are great guitars! My local shop used to have a C-9 florentine that was one of my favorite acoustics that I've ever seen/played. It played effortlessly, like an electric. VERY low action. If I'd have had the $$$ at the time, that beauty would have been mine.

My current Breedlove C25/SReH is pretty awesome too. I also had a Breedlove CM for a while that kicked ass... though it was "unconventional" to play to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice instrument!

I always wanted one of their OOO style builds.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to find an 80's era RS-4 flame top electric.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Huge Larrivee fan here.

I have a D-03R and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect blend of that Martin warmth and the Taylor brights - great guitar.

Pretty much have no desire to own anything else because it has awesome tone. I'd love to own another Larrivee someday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top