Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2015 10:41:48 PM EDT
We post pics of our first instruments, or the one that started it all for you.
For me, it is the Vito alto sax on the left. Played that horn from 6th grade beginning band through my sophomore year of college.

My Custom Z that I've been playing for the last three years

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No pics of my first guitar..that would have been early 70's
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My first guitar was an acoustic. I don't remember the brand as I got it when I was a pre-teen in the mid 70's. Never could get my stubby little fingers around the neck and gave up on it within a few months.
A couple years ago my buddy "loaned" me a hollow body electric to muck around with. I found my fingers had grown a little since the 70's so I went and bought this last year.
MIM Strat in a Gilmour motif.

Then this past Christmas I found myself in Guitar Center buying a Squier Affinity P-Bass to keep the Strat company.

Now I've built a small tube guitar amp. (driving one speaker in the Behringer cabinet) Where does it end!!??
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
It's at my parents' house - my father's oboe. He played it in college on scholarship, and let me use it as a kid. He would hand-make reeds for me.

Want to make your 5th grader paranoid about taking a musical instrument to school for band? Hand him your grenadilla wood & sterling silver oboe. The irony is that we were of such modest means that we couldn't afford a rental instrument of a different variety. I defaulted to that oboe for about 4-5 years because it was already owned and all we could manage.

Thanks, Dad. It took me over 30 years to realize what you did there. I'm trying to imagine sending one of my kids on the school bus with my Les Paul.

My parents are hitting the point in life where they are saying, "please have us put your names on things you want just in case you need to go through them without us there." I just asked Dad to put my name on that oboe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top