Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 9:23:07 PM EDT
I'm a Gibson guy when it comes to electrics but lately I've been thinking of trying something new. The ESP Eclipse has caught my attention (passive pickup version with Seymour Duncans). Just curious if anyone here has one and what you think of it? I've been trying to find clips on youtube to get an idea of what they sound like but most are the more common active pickups models which I'm not interested in at all.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I play ESP MH series guitars with actives, so I can't comment on anything with passives, but I love the tone I can get out of them. ESP makes a damn nice guitar in general though.

You should try the EMGs with the 18v mod.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine has one. The body & neck are both thinner, which is nice if you want lighter weight, but it doesn't quite have the grunt in the tone that a Gibson Les Paul has. Otherwise, it's a quality instrument.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]

I know a guy who has one, though I believe his has EMGs.  2013 model, I think.

I can't really compare it to a Gibson LP, because I've never played one, but it's definitely a well made guitar.  

It has a pretty thin neck, if my memory is right.  Thinner than my SGJ, but since that's not really thick it might just have been the shape.  Flatter, I guess.

As far as fit, finish, and feel go, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.  Any music stores in the area where you can try one out?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Death Metal I will take a Gibson LP...anything else I'm a Fender Strat guy.
Try one on you might like it. I have never played one but they look nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top