Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 1:58:51 PM EDT
I've been searching for the perfect Strat or Tele to add to my collection... needed that single coil jangle and a maple board as the rest of my 6 string instruments are basically LesPauls of one type or another.
After playing a ton of em and looking all over I found this:

It's a 2013 Japanese '58 Strat FSR limited edition thingy... apparantly 252 were brought into the US.
Sweetwater info on the model
7.5" Radius is very round, but also very comfortable.
Pickups seem a tad weak, but the tone is great.
I picked it up and plugged it in and it just clicked with me.  Best Fender guitar I've laid hands on... it outplayed several custom shop instruments I tried.
Best part was the price.... just a hair more than a MIM Strat.

Also took delivery on a new (to me) amp:

It's a bone stock 1972 Traynor YBA-1 Bassmaster.
40ish watts, tube driven.  Amazing tone.
Had one of these years ago and sold it like a dumbass.
It is that one piece of gear I truly regretted selling.
Been on the hunt for a while and found one as "just arrived" on Guitar Centers website... for a good price.  With a very vague description.  
Several emails and a phone call to that particular shop and this was shipped my way.
The YBA-1 is known as the "Canadian Plexi" as the circuit is super close to a '59 Bassman or the JTM45 'Plexi' Marshall's or yore and legend.
This one sings.

Last, but not least is the following frakenbass:

The body is from a pre-'71 Fender Jazz Bass... should pull the bridge pickup and see what it says... been a long time since I've had it out.
The neck plate dates to 1964 or 1965, but I'm not 100% certain it matches the body.... it was with the body when I got it in big ass box o' parts.
The neck is a 2007 Fender MIA Jazz Bass neck I located locally.
I've had the body for about 20 years now and had a fretless 1968 P-Bass neck on it... but that is off to a P-Bass frankenbuild.

The FrankenBass and the YBA-1 work nicely together...
The Strat and the YBA-1 work even better together.

Man I missed having a YBA-1 in my amp pile.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice scores...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top