Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 4:46:29 PM EDT
found a mint condition Fender Strat, MIM, loaded with TX Mex pickups.  $260

tobacco sunburst, rosewood, hardshell case, humbucker, and 2 single coils.  

good price?

fo or no fo?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Hardshell case included?... if the case is good quality and the guitar is in good playable condition that seems like a pretty solid price.

MIM's are sold caseless by Guitarcenter used for 299$ usually... so 260$ with a good case would be tempting to me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hardshell case included.  

How are the Tex Mex pickups?  I have heard good things...but I am NOT a Strat guy...more of a Flying V guy....

looking to expand a bit!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a good deal to me.  That's about what I got invested in my new to me white one with case.  Red one was $120 no case pawn shop thought it was a squire.  Set of 3 tex mex pickups is $60-70.  Depending on case $70-130.  If you get it and need anything for it like a pickguard screw or a screw for a saddle let me know.  Seems like I'm starting to collect parts along with guitars.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hardshell case included.  

How are the Tex Mex pickups?  I have heard good things...but I am NOT a Strat guy...more of a Flying V guy....

looking to expand a bit!
View Quote

I've only ever played them for a few minutes in a Jimmy Vaughn Strat at low volume at a Guitar Center.  From what little I heard of em, I like em.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that's a good price.

And like mentioned above, they're stock in the Jimmie Vaughan Strat, so think Texas Blues type of tones, especially if you're playing it through something like a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
FO time....

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Damnit,... This thread has made me ponder a MIM Strat to use/abuse until I can find *The* US built Strat or Tele that talks to me.

Local GC has a MIM Strat with a Maple neck for a decent price... And I'm off work tomorrow and have time to go put it through its paces.

And here I was planning on building myself a pedal board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top