Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 7:12:30 PM EDT
And the music written by myself with Catalyst is finally copy-righted.

Since then the band has more or less fallen apart as everyone lost their drive shortly after the recording. Kind of sucks, but it was a fun 5 years none the less.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Not my kind of Metal, but congrats on getting something recorded.

And I kinda know how you feel, in my last band other members were "running the show", but didn't really do anything. I've been friends with them since the '90s, and still am, but it got frustrating, lol.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And I kinda know how you feel, in my last band other members were "running the show", but didn't really do anything. I've been friends with them since the '90s, and still am, but it got frustrating, lol.
View Quote

Different strokes for different folks.

I was basically the band dad. I had to organize fucking everything, hassle the shit out of everyone for practice, only one with a truck so I generally got left to load in and out with just the drummer (who is the other normal mature person of the group). It got fucking old, and when they decided to show no drive at all afterwards I think we all pretty much said fuck it.

I know I sure got tired of baby-sitting them. Good dudes, but fuck being band-dad.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was basically the band dad. I had to organize fucking everything, hassle the shit out of everyone for practice, only one with a truck so I generally got left to load in and out with just the drummer (who is the other normal mature person of the group). It got fucking old, and when they decided to show no drive at all afterwards I think we all pretty much said fuck it.

I know I sure got tired of baby-sitting them. Good dudes, but fuck being band-dad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I actually like the music, it's those style of vocals that I don't really get into anymore.

And yeah, that's kind of the situation a couple members of my old band were putting myself and my drummer into, but I didn't go for it. If the other two members weren't going to show any effort, there wasn't really a point in doing too much. But that's the way in general. I'll help a person out, if it turns into freeloading, I cut them off. And that comes from watching my Dad bend over backwards to help people when I was growing up, just to see them use him and walk all over him. A band that has members that sit on their ass and let other members do all the work won't last.

I don't blame ya a bit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, I actually like the music, it's those style of vocals that I don't really get into anymore.

And yeah, that's kind of the situation a couple members of my old band were putting myself and my drummer into, but I didn't go for it. If the other two members weren't going to show any effort, there wasn't really a point in doing too much. But that's the way in general. I'll help a person out, if it turns into freeloading, I cut them off. And that comes from watching my Dad bend over backwards to help people when I was growing up, just to see them use him and walk all over him. A band that has members that sit on their ass and let other members do all the work won't last.

I don't blame ya a bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't blame ya a bit.

I can dig it, that shit gets old after listening to it for awhile. I'm more into vocals along the lines of In Flames (old and new.) That mid range fry scream always sounded damn good to me without getting obnoxious
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds Great, and, things that start spontaneously often end that way.
Don't know how the singers do it.
My neighbor hosts a party for a 1% M\C, and we were 'singing along', had raw hamburger throat for a week!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top