Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2014 8:14:00 AM EDT
I started a thread a while back wanting input on a bass amp.
A big concern of mine was weight...my back is going to hate me

I just bought this today from Sweetwater, I could not turn down the price

they are selling them for right now. Fender Rumble 150...$219 shipped.

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
My pops used one for a long while. He switched to two carvin cabinets and a preamp and postamp combo (not carvin). When he gave me the cabinets he went back to his Fender Rumble. He also bought a small Carvin practice amp.

The Fender can get a bunch of sounds. You may or may not like the horn. He unplugged his.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My pops used one for a long while. He switched to two carvin cabinets and a preamp and postamp combo (not carvin). When he gave me the cabinets he went back to his Fender Rumble. He also bought a small Carvin practice amp.

View Quote

The Fender can get a bunch of sounds. You may or may not like the horn. He unplugged his.
The horn has a switch to turn it off if it gets to be too much. I played with a group of guys last weekend
for a local TV station with a borrowed Rumble 100 and loved the sound and had a blast

I have been playing guitar for about 37 years and am no way a real bass player but I am having a lot

of fun with it. The scales are the same but the scale length is so much longer it throws me off..
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The horn has a switch to turn it off if it gets to be too much. I played with a group of guys last weekend for a local TV station with a borrowed Rumble 100 and loved the sound and had a blast
I have been playing guitar for about 37 years and am no way a real bass player but I am having a lot
of fun with it. The scales are the same but the scale length is so much longer it throws me off..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The horn has a switch to turn it off if it gets to be too much. I played with a group of guys last weekend for a local TV station with a borrowed Rumble 100 and loved the sound and had a blast

They do make short scale basses for you guitar players.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#4]
My demos on the Rumble series were pretty favorable. Personally, I like the horn.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just remember that the bass isn't a guitar, and you should do fine.  I started on piano, taught myself guitar, and then took up bass out of necessity.  You have to approach the two somewhat differently, or you end up sounding like a detuned guitar.  Playing piano helped me understand, but it is still a challenge sometimes to write like a bassist.  I also have to keep my callouses going on both my fretting, and plucking hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top