Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 6:31:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Just because he can pilot the Millennium Falcon through an astroid field does not mean he can fly a plane.

This aint like dusting crops boy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Happens all the time, nothing to see here, move along.

He will get a letter of correction, good thing the B737 departed safely after it happened. Not like the Captain was getting a divorce from her partner or anything like that...
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Orange county is pretty intense for that very reason.  A busy commercial airport loaded with Airliners and Corporate jets, with a bunch of small recips driven by old dipshits, fucking around in the pattern.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
NASA form, stat!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
So, what's he looking at for a goof like that?  Some remedial training?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:51:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]
There's a video now online: http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/21/harrison-ford-plane-landing-taxiway-video/

The earlier reports made it sound like there was an airliner lined up and waiting. It looks like Ford probably thought it was a runway incursion by the airliner. I could easily see how this could happen with visual cues. If the airliner had been waiting, the sight picture would look like the jet was holding short and 20L may look like a taxiway (notwithstanding the runway painting/environment, but there's a lot going on for a pilot to track on arriving at these sorts of fields).
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Video

Video Shows Harrison Ford Wrongly Fly Over Plane
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
The audio sounded like he was really tired.. forgot to switch frequencies and kept trying to say helicopter instead of husky.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm just hoping somebody photoshops the Millennium Falcon over the Ford's plane.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#12]
He is not that good of a pilot, but he is a lucky one.

I thought he should never have gotten his licence, especially back in the days when he and his GF at the time Calista Flockheart were dating flyingnout of the FBO i was based out of.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is not that good of a pilot, but he is a lucky one.

I thought he should never have gotten his licence, especially back in the days when he and his GF at the time Calista Flockheart were dating flyingnout of the FBO i was based out of.
View Quote

He's got a healthy amount of experience in a wide variety of aircraft. Got any particular stories highlighting his incompetence?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top