Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2016 11:41:52 AM EDT
This guy was having fun out in Tampa bay today...buzzed me a few times and we both waving and hoot and hollerin.

They were doing touch and go on the water and 10 feet fly bys ....camera ( cheap and old ) only got one pic...it look like they were having a blast.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Icon A5 LSA, good to see they're finally hitting the market. I know a guy that had two on order.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a fun aircraft.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
They were having a blast...I first saw them about 200 yards out  because I was looking thru binos at something on shore , but I got a good hell ya wave and it was returned. They were doing touch and go landing on the water but never coming off a plane..  The berm behind us is a hollow spoil island  and those guys dropped in there and buzzed back out past me and gave me a few passes...fun time by all...camera crapped out...(
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Icon A5 LSA, good to see they're finally hitting the market. I know a guy that had two on order.
View Quote

That's just not fair.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Icon A5.  Cool,  cool plane.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah it's cool, but not $189,000 cool.

You can get a Lake Buccaneer for about $70,000 or a Renegade for about $190,000.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah it's cool, but not $189,000 cool.

You can get a Lake Buccaneer for about $70,000 or a Renegade for about $190,000.
View Quote

Yea but if you saw buzzin by and having fun with me in my 40 year old whaler you just might smile...ymmv
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Also supposedly had one of the most restrictive purchase agreements out there. Looks like they've fixed that: http://www.flyingmag.com/icon-throws-out-controversial-purchase-agreement

I'm pretty sure I know where that guy is based.

ETA: Is that one of those barrier islands near Beer Can?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
yes... on my way to catch bait at beercan....
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

They had some really crazy clause in the purchase agreement that they had to be returned to the factory after X hours.   So you really never owned, more like leased it, with no option to buy
That may have been dropped by the company.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They had some really crazy clause in the purchase agreement that they had to be returned to the factory after X hours.   So you really never owned, more like leased it, with no option to buy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was dropped by Icon from all the backlash it received.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top