User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are correct...if VFR, you can proceed through MOAs to your heart's content. If IFR, you will be vectored around if the MOA is hot. TFRs are no-go without specific authorization from both ATC and the airspace owner, though ATC is the point of service for the pilot, by and large.
View Quote

Very correct. TFR's are not MOAs although I've seen quite a few people try to apply that rule. Didn't end well.

Last airshow I worked we released the airspace to the airboss. A while later a Medevac chopper calls in needing to transition. We call the air boss, they move performers and authorize the choppers transition. We relay it to the pilot, we see them buzz by, pilot reports clear, we relay it to airboss and the show continues.

Another time a pilot , reports on CTAF in the airspace coming to land. We report this to the airboss in case they missed it. Airboss scatters the performers. Airboss is not happy. We get a hold of the pilot on the radios. Instruct him to leave the airspace and the reason. Brashear statement. Pilot's mad at US. Whole thing goes to FSDO. Airspace is cleared we relay it to Airboos. Show starts again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The event and this thread has morphed into the "classic long dick contest".

We pilots are such a humble group.
View Quote

Sometimes a Cigar, is just a Cigar.     Simple differences of opinion.   Some guys feel bad about diverting for pointless reasons, some guys don't.

Personally, I don't like to inconvenience the pax, but I also recognize that the path to hell is paved with good intentions, and no good deed goes unpunished.    

It's beyond ironic that these were Company guys trying to do their pax, and their company a favor.   There's a lesson in that for each of us.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top