Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2015 9:17:22 PM EDT
If any arfcomers are coming to KGSH for Rotors and Ribs you are invited to stop by my hanger for a free bottle of water.  My hanger is a little off the main path for this event.  Hanger 1, Building A at the far west side of the airport.

This is the largest gathering of Helicopters in the nation.  Worth a visit if you are close.... or fly in.

http://www.indianahelicopters.com/rotors-ribs.php

My hanger is the lower left most hanger in that map.  Next to the vehicle parking.  Stop in and say hello.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Helicopters are arriving.  

This one came in about noon yesterday.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have planned to be there if the Electric Amish were playing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The band they did have was pretty good.  The ribs were excellent.  The weather...... Well not so nice.  Rain, wind and cold.  Less than half the expected helicopters were there because of the conditions.  5000 + spectators were expected.  About 1600 there and many of those spent the whole day.  Spectators came from well over 100 miles.  The ones there were a dedicated crowd.  Many veterans got free rides.  I'm not a helicopter pilot but it didn't look like it was easy to land with a 12 gusting to 24 kn tailwind.  If I tried that with my Kitfox the wind would be turning me around like a weather vane.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
You could have seen real Amish there.  They love an airshow.  They will come out no matter what the weather.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top